Unreadable Cd-r Supplied With Gp2x

motorollin

As well as the "User Guide" CD which contains a load of software, I got a white CD-R with my GP2x. The disc is unreadable. Am I missing out on something? Is it worth getting a replacement?

if you bought one of the 280mhz+ units, that craig had recently put on ebay, I got the same problem. It's not really anything you can't download. I would imagine, there are a few videos and stuff like tutorials on it but you don't really need those.

@virusx
It's not the drive as other CDs work ok, and the CD which came with the GP2x doesn't work in another machine. Thanks for the link. I have already got that site bookmarked but I didn't know whether that CD was supposed to contain something else which I might not be able to download.

@xnopasaranx
No my unit came straight from gp2x.co.uk. If there's nothing I can't download on there then I'm not worried.

@blah
No, can see that there is something on it [edit] by looking at the disc [/edit]

Anyway, if it's all just freeware stuff that I can download anyway then I won't bother trying to get a replacement.

moto

I got exactly the same thing when I bought my '2x. Turns out that it should have contained (all? or a selection? not sure!) of the software from the archive so no, it's no big deal - just means you'll have to download the bits you need yourself - they're all freely available anyway ;)

Tony

CD usually has user guide and most common emulators all of which are available on the archive, with the latest versions. I would not worry about it.

Back