Castaway/GP 9.1 Released :)

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
(I owe my wife; shes not seen me much of late ;)

Get it here:

http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/gp32.html

Let me know what you think of the new file picker! Mucho changes there, so due give me your opinion.. good/bad/hate/love/etc..

8 savestates..

Fixed disk B insertion (auto-ejects first for you).. lots of other things.

BTW, savestates from yesterdays release wont' work anymore, so be sure to load them up and save them SMC through normal saves, before installing 9.1 (ie: Not for shooters, but for serious game slike DM, etc, with savegame support.. do a save if your savestate is the latest version!)

jeff

Skeezix,

Just tried it, love the new disk selector, but one thing... you say its sorted... well mine wasnt. Was in a different order ill give you that, but still had sets all over the place (eg GAU_582.MSA, GAU_583.MSA, GAU_584.MSA, GAU_585.MSA Civilisation disks were not together :)

part from that all looks good :)

Still need that L = keyboard for civ tho :p

Cheers

Just love the new file selecter, goes great with the rest of the menu's and you exactly new which image is in what drive! That keeps me from accidently deleting the wrong images!
I am going to take this baby with me on my 2week holiday to Greece along with some books and other stuff. Should be able to keep me from getting withdrawal symptoms after days of looking at the classics and doing all sorts of culturally healthy things.

Keep it up. I bet that when I get back we are at version 23.1! hehe
l8r

Still got the problem of stcache.txt - just this time its with stcache2... I'm wondering if its in the reading of the file as opposed to writing to it... perhaps an idea just to deactivate reading of it in a quick update until that's fixed? Other than that, love the new file selector, love the displaying of the disks currently in the drives, and the auto-eject thing's got to be good...

Just as a question, how come Castaway managed to load the directory sooooo fast whilst most other emus take ages on anything over 50 files?
Less so after the Stgames.txt system got put in, but still bearably quick - but before that it was virtually instant; which is **very** impressive (compare to GPEngine where it takes 15 seconds to load a large dir, or sms32 where its nearer to half a minute!)

Mark1970 posted on May 15 2003 said:
I am going to take this baby with me on my 2week holiday to Greece along with some books and other stuff. Should be able to keep me from getting withdrawal symptoms after days of looking at the classics and doing all sorts of culturally healthy things.
don't forget to pack some batteries!

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix posted on May 15 2003 said:
(I owe my wife; shes not seen me much of late ;)

Let me know what you think of the new file picker! Mucho changes there, so due give me your opinion.. good/bad/hate/love/etc..
Jeff, you never fail to amaze me with your output rate! ;)

new menu problem:
when you press SELECT to CRC check a disc, if it is not found the message saying so is overwritten by the disc menu. :( perhaps put it in column 2?

Q: how about having the disc menu a little wider?

Q: what is the status of the "by game" menu?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not started a by-game menu yet, though the new dialog approach to file picker is setting up for it (ie: It nolonger uses the file list returned by the GP directly.. it parses it out into a filename and a description column for the dialog; so I can soon probably make it show gamenames as a first column (pushing existing two over) in that mode, and it shoudl "still magicly work" :)

jeff

Back