Castaway/gp 15.1 Test Build

Doesnt help smc's when media player starts poking its fat face into things either.

Another downside to using card readers.

edit: just thinkin has anyone analysed the file system of a newly GPmanager/link formated SMC.

There must be some kind of PC util that will let you rebuild the important lost sectors that tell the GP32 that the SMC is there.

The sound core in 13.2 still seems to be better than this one Jeff. And could it be possible in Database mode to not see the zip file name ie - just the database name? That way you can see more of whats on it.

There was one build I didback around then that was made to have better sampled audio, but worse FM/YM audio; if you're referring to that, then its something I can turn on for a build, but usually do not. I need to work on better sample handling in a more general way though.

jeff

are Atari ST game Roms Still Classed as "Warez" ??? The ST is Old and I dont think they will be making money on it anymore. Im just woundering as I cant find another Jumping Jackson Rom to try, but dont want to ask for one incase its still classed as warez.

I really want to get Great Giant Sister working on Castaway...once i finish Rick Dangerous!...then impossamole!

there are so many good games on the ST (Gods anyone?) that need to be completed.

thanks skeezix!

Flood is a great platformy type game work really well apart from the low brightness.

Castaway seems to suffer from a similar problem to DrMD in that dark pallette games are very dark. Well on my FLU anyway.

The gamma settings dont really help things either.

I'm going to get some serious game testing done from weds onwards and get the castaway section of the compatibility tracker updated.

Also looking to get a games database online. The one that steem uses is great for finding which games are on which menus.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was one build I didback around then that was made to have better sampled audio, but worse FM/YM audio; if you're referring to that, then its something I can turn on for a build, but usually do not. I need to work on better sample handling in a more general way though.

jeff

Ok, if that is the case then instead of trying to improve Castaway's sound core (the original author of which admitted was its weak part) why not replace it with Win.ST.on's which is known to work well? Its what they did with the Dreamcast port - Wraggster can back me up on this.

After all, youre not tied to one source code - Ive noticed that several emulators for the GP32 are hybrids that use code from different sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my sound core for the FM stuff is already very good, though it does have a couple glitches (Xenon1 makes htem noticable), but otherwise FM seams very solid on GP32; the sampled audio is where its funky. I will have to look at moron again.. been too many years; I general steer clear of it, since it was so ASM based for most of it :)

Remember that I've got a game<->disk right there in the Castaway GP distro and on the website, where a Ctrl+F will find what you need pretty fast; thats why we built it :)

I wonder if anyone has used the database for other cool stuff yet..

jeff

Back