Cases get a shipping date [2010-09-10)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Finally some news from Fatih:

We got a free slot in an airplane (you can't just take any plane with such big shipment) on Tuesday, so the cases will finally fly towards assembly hall.

Yay!

Here is a quick inspection sample picture, Fatih is trying to get them to take a picture of the boxes, as that would really look cool!

newcase.JPG

Now all we need is more good news from Texas and the nubs... will inform you as soon as I know something :)

Fatih is trying to get them to take a picture of the boxes, as that would really look cool!

Preferably with a bit of local flair in the background - like as they're being loaded onto an old Russian built ex-military cargo jet...

@ ED/Cragix - Fatih's tweet mentions 4000 cases & ED talks about a biiiiiig shipment. Are you airfreighting all 4000 to make up time?

@ ED/Cragix - Fatih's tweet mentions 4000 cases & ED talks about a biiiiiig shipment. Are you airfreighting all 4000 to make up time?
I think it was 2000 of them. But for the life of me I can't remember where I got that figure from.

2000 makes sense. There are 100 in the UK already and we're still waiting Nubs/boards from the UK.

I doubt Texas will be able to produce 2100 before the slow boat from China arrives.

That seems like a better paint job compared to #14. Around the logo specificlally.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Hmm, it's always hard to tell with a photograph, especially when the apparent finish is largely due to slight contours around various parts - the balance of flash to ambient light really affects how it looks. I remember the whole kerfuffle when the original lids came out, before they decided to try painting them. Every sample looked completely different. Now they're painted they come out a bit more consistent, but there's still variance.

This was good news! Will they ship the other cases too? Was it 1000 via Air and 2000 via boat? I can't remember.

The original plan was 1000 via air and 3000 via boat... but since it took longer, 2000 will go via air and 2000 via boat (AFAIR).

The original plan was 1000 via air and 3000 via boat... but since it took longer, 2000 will go via air and 2000 via boat (AFAIR).
Nice! That means that my unit's case will definitely be among the ones transported by plane. :p

Back