Case Assembly Volunteer Thread

Monk said:
Sugar_Kane said:
Ah, apparently it's 115 quid for a train to Durham, and that's not even a return!

Well, we don't need you to return to Durham, just to get the work done.

Although, at this point the "cahet" of having your Pandora built by one of the crazy geniuses behind the Pandora seems to be being watered down by having 1500 volunteers actually do most of the work :lol:

I'll tell you what's not genius. The OP team going ahead with this ridiculous and dangerous idea of accepting volunteers to build Pandora. Craig wouldn't be foolish enough to post and pass around the forum the location of when and where expensive electronics can be found? That's about the equivalent of putting neon lights on his Town Hall reading, "Expensive Electronics For The Taking". Not every Pandora owner will be thrilled when they read the post that the motherboard and other parts have been stolen. I'm sure the OP team hasn't overlooked security when they begin assembly...have they?

Last edited by a moderator:
DisgruntleElf said:
itellyouwhat.jpg

Attachments

• itellyouwhat.jpg
    itellyouwhat.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 79
DisgruntleElf said:
I'll tell you what's not genius. The OP team going ahead with this ridiculous and dangerous idea of accepting volunteers to build Pandora. Craig wouldn't be foolish enough to post and pass around the forum the location of when and where expensive electronics can be found? That's about the equivalent of putting neon lights on his Town Hall reading, "Expensive Electronics For The Taking". Not every Pandora owner will be thrilled when they read the post that the motherboard and other parts have been stolen. I'm sure the OP team hasn't overlooked security when they begin assembly...have they?

Oh be serious - when did you last see them overlook something? Anything?

Errrr...

They could always get volunteers to post guard outside with some big guns to protect our precious Pandoras... Oh yeah UK... Are you even allowed to own guns?

Justman said:
They could always get volunteers to post guard outside with some big guns to protect our precious Pandoras... Oh yeah UK... Are you even allowed to own guns?
Slingshots and pointy sticks?

B-ZaR said:
Justman said:
Slingshots and pointy sticks?
I don't mean to poke fun at UK'ers for their country's laws, but it's striking to me, being from the US, that individuals can't have weapons to protect themselves or their property.

In all seriousness though, do you really think someone would steal Pandoras, knowing the amount of pain it wow cause so many?

Justman said:
I don't mean to poke fun at UK'ers for their country's laws, but it's striking to me, being from the US, that individuals can't have weapons to protect themselves or their property.
I don't mean to poke fun at Americans (that's a dirty lie :p), but it's striking to me, being from Canada, that individuals think they need a gun to protect themselves.
Our prime minister (a few years ago) fended off a would be assassin with a plastic fork from KFC!

I would be willing to work fulltime for some weeks until i have to get back to university.

Actually, i already applied for an internship at OpenPandora Ltd. though it seems craig is too busy to answer me or it didn't get through to him. If anyone has his personal email address it would be cool if you could send me a PM.

WizardStan said:
Justman said:
I don't mean to poke fun at Americans (that's a dirty lie :p ), but it's striking to me, being from Canada, that individuals think they need a gun to protect themselves.
Our prime minister (a few years ago) fended off a would be assassin with a plastic fork from KFC!
What's even funnier it's the misconception most americans have that generally allowing the possesion of weapons makes them or their posessions safer... :)

WizardStan said:
Justman said:
I don't mean to poke fun at Americans (that's a dirty lie :p ), but it's striking to me, being from Canada, that individuals think they need a gun to protect themselves.
What's even funnier it's the misconception most americans have that generally allowing the possesion of weapons makes them or their posessions safer... :)

kikeminchas said:
WizardStan said:
Justman said:

Yeah. Pussies with guns.

WizardStan said:
Justman said:

I think the concept is that our right to bear arms is more to protect our liberty than to protect ourselves from each other.

I'd much rather defend myself in my home with a firearm and a castle law that protects me from repercussions than a fork or a club.

WizardStan said:

:lol:

edit: Removed political off topicness

Back