Case Assembly Volunteer Thread

Justman said:
I think the concept is that our right to bear arms is more to protect our liberty than to protect ourselves from each other.
As I understand it, the right to bear arms (as it were) was granted so that the populace could be formed into an impromptu militia in the event the British attempted to reclaim the colony, so yes, it's a protection of liberty thing. Not only is it your right to carry weapons, but your duty to protect to protect your country from invaders.
It's been over 200 years. I've got this sneaking suspicion that the British aren't coming. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
As I understand it, the right to bear arms (as it were) was granted so that the populace could be formed into an impromptu militia in the event the British attempted to reclaim the colony, so yes, it's a protection of liberty thing. Not only is it your right to carry weapons, but your duty to protect to protect your country from invaders.
It's been over 200 years. I've got this sneaking suspicion that the British aren't coming. ;)
But the constitution was written to protect our country from tyranny at home as well as abroad. That's why it took such great steps to enumerate what exactly the federal government was allowed to do, not that it is taken into consideration by our executive and legislature these days.

Lunatic said:
WizardStan said:
But the constitution was written to protect our country from tyranny at home as well as abroad. That's why it took such great steps to enumerate what exactly the federal government was allowed to do, not that it is taken into consideration by our executive and legislature these days.

And having a gun helped?

I give up :)

WizardStan said:
Justman said:
I think the concept is that our right to bear arms is more to protect our liberty than to protect ourselves from each other.
Actually, I think it is more to protect ourselves from our own government "just in case".

Honestly, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to derail this topic so bad.

Justman said:
WizardStan said:
Justman said:
Actually, I think it is more to protect ourselves from our own government "just in case".

Feckin hell. 'Just in case'

I do believe people from the US and A have a shit-load of guns. I don't believe they have the wherewithal to see past their 'rights' and do something of worth with those fire-arms.

c/f George Bush

Justman said:

Oh yeah, that would make sense too. They wanted a fail safe in the event that future governments becomes corrupt, and what better way than to ensure the population is well equipped for a revolution.
Don't apologize, nothing wrong with a little healthy discussion and light hearted quips. I'm learning something new, at least :)

Unfathomable Depths said:
I do believe people from the US and A have a shit-load of guns. I don't believe they have the wherewithal to see past their 'rights' and do something of worth with those fire-arms.
Take Iraq as an example of what a relatively small population of untrained resistance fighters can do to an occupying force. The United States military doesn't have the resources to occupy something as large as the USA if there were ever to be an armed uprising.

That said, if our government ever fully turns against us, most people will be celebrating or indifferent to the changes as our legislature is bought by corporate interests.

Unfathomable Depths said:
Where do the bullets go?

Right through it - it's made of plastic.

Lunatic said:
That said, if our government ever fully turns against us, most people will be celebrating or indifferent to the changes as our legislature is bought by corporate interests.

Too late - it already did. Just like ours. But we were all too apathetic to do anything about it.

OpenPandora is actually a social experiment - along the line sof Big Brother - designed to keep some of us amused and safely away from Parliament/The Whitehouse.

Justman said:
WizardStan said:
Justman said:

well ya did, nice going. :D
nicepost.gif

Attachments

• nicepost.gif
    nicepost.gif
    435.2 KB · Views: 73

Attachments

• sincityowned6pg.gif
    sincityowned6pg.gif
    859.8 KB · Views: 74
WizardStan said:
Justman said:

This is our latest military simulation result:

For time being, you're rather safe, we haven't licked the invasion plan just yet :p

1104_air_strike.jpg

Attachments

• 1104_air_strike.jpg
    1104_air_strike.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 69
WizardStan said:
Justman said:

Oh yeah, that would make sense too. They wanted a fail safe in the event that future governments becomes corrupt, and what better way than to ensure the population is well equipped for a revolution.
Don't apologize, nothing wrong with a little healthy discussion and light hearted quips. I'm learning something new, at least :)

This is how I see it based on quotes from Thomas Jefferson.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

EDIT: Typo

I think it was a typo. It actually is supposed to say 'the right to bare arms' as no American should be refused the right to wear a muscle tee

Back