Case Assembly Volunteer Thread

spikeyxx

Still Fresh
Thought it might be handy to have a volunteer thread for people willing to help assemble.

Try to keep chatter down to a minimum to keep it short and sweet.

I volunteer weekends / possibly evenings.

I live local, just down the road in Stanley. (co.durham)

I live in Yorkshire. If Craig et al can cover the cost of a coach (i'm poor) then I'll happily slave away for the sake of Pandorians.

BTW I have worked on production lines before.

Oh yeah, also done a lot of voluntary work. Most people don't realise that it's normally harder than paid work. It's all about that feeling of satisfaction!

I can spare two or three days, as long as I have notice. I've got about 10 years experience cobbling laptops together out of broken ones if that's going to qualify me!?

I'm based in Sheffield but more than happy to travel for the good of humanity.

Also replied to Craigix via twitter as @iamsmib.

Cheers,
Mike.

Not sure about anyone else, but I think meeting the entire team and being part of history is reward enough itself.

I don't expect they'd let people help, but if they did I'd go for a day since I live a couple of hours away and have had experience with assembling a certain handheld with a ribbon cable leading through a hinge :)

Maybe the U.S. users can pitch in and have pizza delivered to the U.K. assembly crew.

Just hope they wont just allow anyone to do this, atleast so they know the people are able to do this and still offer warranty that might occur cause of poor assembly.

It doesn't make sense just to help for a few hours or a day, sadly.

First you need to learn how to properly do it without breaking anything, so if you want to help out, it should at least be for a few days.

But thanks for any offers there :D

ashdjones said:
Not sure about anyone else, but I think meeting the entire team and being part of history is reward enough itself.

Confirmed: Order cancelled, no refund required.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:
It doesn't make sense just to help for a few hours or a day, sadly.

First you need to learn how to properly do it without breaking anything, so if you want to help out, it should at least be for a few days.

But thanks for any offers there :D

I can do four, maybe five days (if I take one off).

But I guess I'd need to arrange somewhere to stay too? Does this village hall have a quiet room to sleep in? :lol:

I can commit to coming up there more than once if that helps?

cobaltage said:
Maybe the U.S. users can pitch in and have pizza delivered to the U.K. assembly crew.

I'm willing to help out in such a way but I'm not sure they'd want to eat a pizza that's been sitting out for however long it would take to get there from here!

:blink: :p :)

Somebody start an Assembly fund. It'll be for important things like: tea, biscuits, cheese sandwiches.... pizza. And Vodka presumably.

Yeah, 'when' is the real question here. I'd be willing to take a week off to help out if the timing was right, but I don't have experience at assembly, so it would probably be risky for the Pandora team to just ask volunteers who may be inexperienced... Does Craigix have plans for paid 'proffessional' workers to assemble these, or will it wholly rely on community volunteer work?

Only steers and queers come from Texas private Cowboy. And you don't much look like a steer to me so that kinda narrows it down.

yeah i will have 2 weeks off in april.i would love to help out in any way.i am so physched about the pandora

I am interested in helping, I could take some holiday from work. I wonder how we would go about this? Will we be selected and informed?

Ah, apparently it's 115 quid for a train to Durham, and that's not even a return!

Sugar_Kane said:
Ah, apparently it's 115 quid for a train to Durham, and that's not even a return!

Well, we don't need you to return to Durham, just to get the work done.

Although, at this point the "cachet" of having your Pandora built by one of the crazy geniuses behind the Pandora seems to be being watered down by having 1500 volunteers actually do most of the work :lol:

Back