Carry Case Fit

DragonSpawn

Still Fresh
So I bought two official carry cases which didn't fit the pandora in the slightest when unboxed.

I recalled there in some thread being mentioned that you are supposed to turn the case inside out a couple of times and it would stretch. So now after a couple of hundred times of turning it inside out, stretching, and all sort of things I could think of, it still doesn't really fit. It did stretch some so the pandora can actually get inside if I use a fair amount of force, but that results in some creaking when forcing it in and the shoulder buttons being pressed down very hard the entire time they are in the case.

So I would appreciate whatever information exists on this subject. Did I just end up with two defect cases or are all of them that snug?

Snug case here,

I've been giving it a good pull (like stretching a jumper). Seems abit easier, but still tight.

I find my Pandora fits better in tge case if I turn it upside down before putting it in the case(it's still quite a tight fit though)

Last edited by a moderator:
Got mine a few days ago and there was no way the Pandora was going to go in it without a fight.

The problem with stretching it is the thick layered seams in the base and lid, they don't have much give in them.

Maybe they'll get this sorted at some point, and I'll pick up a new one for the Pandora and use the original for accessories like the AV cable.

I wouldn't want to use this for the machine itself at the moment though, it applies a scary amount of pressure - and that's without adding any SD cards into the slots in the lid.

My (work in Progress) attempt to stretch the case involves making a Pandora sized lump of Lego bricks (keep all your old toys kids!) and stuffing it into the case, taking care to make sure it pushes against the corners of that thick seam, rather than resting on it. It could take some time to get a result though.

I've had the same problem with my case. With a little effort I can get it in though. I'm hoping the fabric will stretch over use and I can sort of break it in.

Asmo, that's an awesome idea.

I'd try soaking the case with the lego bricks in (I wish I'd kept mine now). It's a method used in leatherwork to stretch and shape quickly.

It's a shame really. How can OP allow these cases to be sold when there are so many that don't seem to be able to fit no matter how much you stretch them. I knew they would probably be tight, but not AFTER having stretched them. Feels like I wasted money.

Would be nice to know OP's opinion on all of this.

It's a shame really. How can OP allow these cases to be sold when there are so many that don't seem to be able to fit no matter how much you stretch them. I knew they would probably be tight, but not AFTER having stretched them. Feels like I wasted money.

Would be nice to know OP's opinion on all of this.

Seconded

I suspect that maybe they got some sort of tighter batch or something like that, my pandora's case is tight, but I could insert pandora into it without to much force

They already mentioned that you should turn these cases inside out before use, they are designed in that way that they somehow loose up after doing that.

*EDIT* See 2 replies down!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't this go under some sort of warranty or whatever?

It sort of seems counter-intuitive that its supposed to be like this. You buy a carry case for something and you assume your are supposed to be able to put said product inside the carry case without the need of using force (even after stretching it to the limit). That it results in situations where people opt to not use the carry case due to this is mind boggling.

Replacement case would be nice, assuming the dimensions are ever fixed. >_>

Hey!

I just tried my Pandora in my case, which is in Day 4 of it's Lego Pandora containment.

I can report that it has now......... worked!

I''ll give it another couple of days with a slightly expanded Lego Pandora inside, but the real thing *does* now sit in it without any trouble.

The only thing to watch out for is the zipper, when closing the case it can scuff the corners of the unit, but so long as you take care when closing it can be avoided.

I predict a rise in Lego sales.

Back