Wiz Carry Case Recommendations

Duddyroar

Website
www.vc-reviews.com
I'm not sure if this topic has been covered already but here goes. I need to invest in a sturdy carry case for my Wiz, but I'm not sold on the official leather case - I don't really see the point of a case that doesn't fully enclose the device.

Does anyone have any case recommendations? Obviously we're taking about cases that are made for other devices but happen to fit the Wiz too (I seem to recall that an old-style GBA case was the perfect fit for the original GP32). Ideally I'd like a neoprene-style case rather than a 'hard' one.

I bought this case: http://www.caselogic.com/medium_camera_flash_camcorder_case/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=133875

It's the perfect size for the Wiz but a little thicker, so I can fit the charging cable with it without bulging. Also the front pocket could hold SD cards or something.

I would say that if you found some sort of sleeve-style case for the DS Lite it would work as long as it wasn't too tight of a fit. It might be a little long though. Not tried this but you could probably find one in a store and compare the sizes better.

I saw some GPS carrying cases that looked perfect but this was at a RadioShack so I don't know where they would sell them in the UK.

Duddyroar said:
I'm not sure if this topic has been covered already but here goes. I need to invest in a sturdy carry case for my Wiz, but I'm not sold on the official leather case - I don't really see the point of a case that doesn't fully enclose the device.

Does anyone have any case recommendations? Obviously we're taking about cases that are made for other devices but happen to fit the Wiz too (I seem to recall that an old-style GBA case was the perfect fit for the original GP32). Ideally I'd like a neoprene-style case rather than a 'hard' one.

while it can protect the wiz if dropped, you can still play it with it attached to the wiz

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to get these guys to make a product for the Wiz.

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/index.php

I had one for an older cell phone and took a sanding dremel bit to it, not a scratch. Obviously this wont protect from falls or hits, but its the ultimate in scratch protection. Practically a second skin, it doesn't ad any bulk or anything, and it covers the entire thing, plus it shouldn't interfere with anything, including the touch screen.

They will make a skin for any product as long as they get enough emails for a new product, so if you could, just send an email for the Wiz, I already have, and they said they would want me to send mine in if they were to make a product for it. And if they will is decided on how many emails they get for the product.

I find the leather wiz case fine. It just kicks around in my bag with my DS and portable HDDs (which are in there own bags) and its been fine so far

renejr902 said:
i used my braun razor bag. it fit perfeclty well LOL

so everybody think i always bring my razor with me.

speaking of razor, The computer company Razer (mice, keyboards etc) always sends a carrying case for their razer mice, it would work perfectly, I've had like 3 of them so far.

shinneri said:
I bought this case: http://www.caselogic.com/medium_camera_flash_camcorder_case/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=133875

It's the perfect size for the Wiz but a little thicker, so I can fit the charging cable with it without bulging. Also the front pocket could hold SD cards or something.

Just got that same case in the mail today. Really liking it. Case logic always seems to make really good products...But yeah, it fits my wiz + the usb cable to it + a mini-b usb cable in the main pouch and then my sd card adapter + my sd cards in the front pocket

Was considering the leather case but i just dont like a case that doesnt completely enclose my wiz. if you could play the wiz while its in the leather case i'd get it but it just doesnt look practical

So does the official carry case push the buttons when it's closed? can you still play it while it's in the case?

I'm using NDS case like this one : http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3820
and it's good enough to put the "wonderful" USB cable and the Wiz ...

I use the original black pouch that came with my Gameboy Micro. It won't protect against hard hits obviously but I wanted something that doesn't add any bulk so I can just slip my Wiz in my jeans pocket without scratching.

Hello all, i am Scaramouche. I usually posted on spanish based forums, so i only used to read here. I will start posting , hope to make new friends around here :)

About the case: the most similar size device is the NDS LITE , so most of the cases designed for NDSL will be perfect for the Wiz. Even more: most NDSL have pockets to hold games, that are better to put SD cards in my opinion and not as stretch as the usuall SD cards partitions . And even more: most NDSL cases have a place to put the stylus, and this is very usefull for the Wiz too. Wiz will fit on most NDSL soft cases and in most pouch cases.

A strong suggestion: don´t use original stylus... keep the original stylus there until GPH release replacements: Wiz stylus is very strange and no other stylus will fit the sylus built in hole in the wiz, so use any other stylus on your WIZ for the every day gaming. (the second replacement stylus from the DS is perfect, i usually use one of my Tapwave Zodiac stylus) and keep the original as a treasure!

That´s all.

Regards

Scaramouche

Today I went at the big electronic store and while I was looking for the handheld consoles' aisle I passed right next to this:
http://www.hama.co.uk/portal/articleId*140699/action*2563;jsessionid=F68EABBFD554AF6657CFCC7292551783.tomcat_uk_lin23
It's exactly what I was looking for. It doesn't obviously have enough room for the cable, but it's complete with two elastic straps to hold the Wiz in place and a nice pocket for extra SD cards.

Edit: Sorry, I can't get the URL to work.

Back