carbon fibre case considerations

There is a lot of people claiming this doesn't even work or any benefits of carbon fiber is ruined by 3D printing it.
He did say: "for prototypes". A prototype doesn't need the benefits of carbon fiber, right? It just needs to give you a feel for if you are going in the right direction with your designs.

-God Ginrai
Well a much cheaper 3D printer could do the same thing.
Maybe. Suppose he wanted to see what the carbon fiber would actually look like, tho'?

-God Ginrai

There is a lot of people claiming this doesn't even work or any benefits of carbon fiber is ruined by 3D printing it.
     well, that's mere speculation, it always takes time for people to understand how new tech works, you can't print the fork for a bicycle on that printer and spect it to behave in the same way as a regular one would. On the other hand, we are not printing bicycle parts here, we aren't looking for something that will resist our whole weight plus the force of impact produced when landing. We are just planning to make a case that will resist through time, and if it falls from your desk or something. It'd be nice to be able to jump on your pyra without damaging it though. ...I understand that the best thing to do isn't to buy something that expensive just to see if it works or not. this was just something I wanted to share because it seemed to be related. Thanks!

I looked into that (unevidable as regular HaD reader). But i think the way the printer is working it ruins most of the benefits of udeing fibers at all. Manly because you can't place the fibers in the direction of the expected forces. I think you need a printing head, which is able to rotate 2extra axis to put the fibre spheric somehow.

Laying it down on a flat surface would most likely result in weaker parts than you will get when cuttig it from high end carbon plates (which are made from pre-pregs with autoclave).

So thak for the hint, but wouldn't give much benefit here. In this small part numbers I evern think a all handcrafted process is most likely the best choice. having out-of-order parts would help the most here.

Back