Capcom dickmoves

So how would that kill the resale which is what people were whining about
Game stores didn't want to touch this game with a bargepole, precisely because it can't be returned to "like-new" state (in the rare cases they would take it, they only offered pennies for it, since it couldn't be set back to how it was when new).

From one site, but if they throw it in a different unit, that save file won't "exist" (although this is a DS game isn't it, so saved on the cart?)
It's a 3DS game, and, yep, the lone, unerasable save-file is on the cartridge. :p

We should all get very concerned about PS Vita games. How long before inserting them causes a signature to be imprinted on the game that locks it, or an aspect of its functionality, just to your console?

If you think it will not, or can not happen... well they're already pretty much doing it with Online Pass and other one-use-code mechanisms to cripple the resale value of games.

Those little cards make me very suspicious, and I refuse to believe that they're read-only.

Ok, who changed the topic title?

I'm seriously laughing a ton, here. Even I was too polite to do that, and I really have a major grievance with Capcom at this time. :lol:

Wasn't me, but I reserve the right to find it funny.

Also, companies with a history of attempting to screw their customers should be named and shamed. Apt topic title is apt!

I win the ten internets, I'll collect them on my way out.

...it was gunrocks idea though:)

How's this for depressing? Another barebones, non-series-related, non-universe-related, telephone-card-game, this time "Rockman Poker", the follow-up to "Rockman Solitaire" from a month or two ago.

Capcom, you are a disgrace.

Last edited by a moderator:
How's this for depressing? Another barebones, non-series-related, non-universe-related, telephone-card-game, this time "Rockman Poker", the follow-up to "Rockman Solitaire" from a month or two ago.

He he I hate crappy phone games but i still hold out some hope for capcom.My fingers are crossed for dragons dogma and asuras wrath to be good games.Resident evil i can do without.

He he I hate crappy phone games but i still hold out some hope for capcom.My fingers are crossed for dragons dogma and asuras wrath to be good games.Resident evil i can do without.
Those games are just hastening Capcom's demise. They're niche titles, aimed at a very particular age-group that is generally fast growing out of video games by virtue of having less money and time to spend on them, instead turning their attention to starting families or tending their careers. Since Capcom is failing to cater to anyone else, they'll be doomed in short order, since they're showing no signs of turning it around.

Capcom's financials from last year show the effects of this sort of thing. Profits down 49%, earnings down 28%...

Those games are just hastening Capcom's demise. They're niche titles, aimed at a very particular age-group that is generally fast growing out of video games by virtue of having less money and time to spend on them, instead turning their attention to starting families or tending their careers. Since Capcom is failing to cater to anyone else, they'll be doomed in short order, since they're showing no signs of turning it around.

Capcom's financials from last year show the effects of this sort of thing. Profits down 49%, earnings down 28%...
They are my favoured type of games but it would make sense for capcom to branch out a bit more.How many resident evils can they make?Maybe they should make more games aimed at kids.I guess the 3ds and the wii U might be good areas as long as nintendo don't dominate with their own titles.

They are my favoured type of games but it would make sense for capcom to branch out a bit more.How many resident evils can they make?Maybe they should make more games aimed at kids.
They need to be making more games aimed at wider age-groups and wider spheres of interest. You know, all the stuff they almost immediately stopped making around 2007 when the new president stepped in, and have to my knowledge only made one such thing since (Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, for the DS)...

They also need to stop blaming their customers for their decisions to cancel things, and start actually promoting all of what they make and sell, rather than expecting us to do all the work, except for whatever's aimed at the aforementioned niche (Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Asura's Wrath, etc., etc., etc.), which they do bother promoting. Amongst other things, of course.

as long as nintendo don't dominate with their own titles.
This sounds suspiciously like industryite excuse-making that really means "We're incapable of competing, so we'll blame someone else.". :( The real problem is that Capcom don't even try - they have some top-quality franchises, and are so inept that they fail to utilise and leverage them properly. If they bothered, they could compete quite easily *exactly like they used to* on the NES, SNES, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, and to a smaller degree on the DS, too (they started giving up on competing and gave up even more on promoting things around then, in spite of releasing some amazing stuff, hence the "smaller degree"), for example.

this 49% down profit doesn't mean much, keeping in mind how well monster hunter did few years ago and how many PSPs sold jest because of it

this 49% down profit doesn't mean much, keeping in mind how well monster hunter did few years ago and how many PSPs sold jest because of it
There is a problem with this analysis, unfortunately: The issues occurred with the release of a new Monster Hunter game. The game in question was the fastest-selling PSP game in Japan ever, the fastest-selling game in Capcom's history, and consequently the biggest Monster Hunter title so far, and it sold over two-and-a-half million within its first two weeks at retail and, I gather, kept on selling... But, it didn't change the problems, since even though it's big in Japan, it is still a niche title, and is smaller than other things there.

This is exactly why I bought myself a psp back in the beginning. That and the ability to emulate PSN titles on it... ;)

Though I must say that the new monster hunter on the Wii is pretty awesome too, I like how it has a local coop mode in it too. I don't understand why they don't put local coop on more video games these days... Well besides the fact that game design has been going down hill ever since NetHack... IMO.

I don't understand why they don't put local coop on more video games these days...
Most of it is through catering to that noisy niche... :( The other half is through the mistaken belief that playing games together in person is old-fashioned and uncool (which, again, ultimately comes from that same niche, as far as I've ever been able to see...).

Most of it is through catering to that noisy niche... :( The other half is through the mistaken belief that playing games together in person is old-fashioned and uncool (which, again, ultimately comes from that same niche, as far as I've ever been able to see...).

It's because of this that I never understood why so many people hated Resident Evil 5. I thought it was loads better than 4 (besides playing as Chris instead of Leon) because instead of trying to keep a stupid computer alive you could have a buddy help you rain lead down upon the infected. Which was epic!

Another good coop game I've played recently was Earth Defense Force, it was too short IMO but I enjoyed every minute that I grinded in it.

It's really sad, I play consoles solely for their local coop ability... COD: Zombies mod was the best thing they ever did, I've lost too much of my life to that game. It would be the only reason I'd ever buy COD, but because I mainly use a computer it would ruin the coop feel.

Which is one of the reasons that I hope Capcom doesn't go out of business, because they still make local multiplayer games, and some of them actually turn out decent!

Back