Skin Bug In Firmware 3.0 Or Newbie Boo Boo?

mentalmummy

Still Fresh
I have a GP2X with firmware 3.0, the value pack from gp2x.co.uk and I used the skin selector skin2x to change skins to a new one I wanted.

However while the skins show in the preview of that program fine when applied every skin used always just has the exact same look, the default icons with a square box round them even though you can see the odd bit of the skin that should be displayed.

I then read that you could put them in a skin directory in nand but when I connect by usb and make a skin folder I cannot select any skins using the settings menu skin option.

Is there a bug with skins in this firmware as my gp2x skin now looks absolutely crud and won`t change back :(

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave.

You have to use skins for 3.0 only.

Thanks, is there any skins for 3.0 available on the net, or maybe a copy of the original somewhere as I have searched various sources and have not found any so far?

I have found a skin maker but it seems to be the older version using images in different folders rather than the .gps extension that the new version expects so I guess that`s out.

Thanks for clearing up the issue for me, I`m new to the GPX2 and really getting into it. Much better than my old psp was!

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to use skins for 3.0 only.

Thanks, is there any skins for 3.0 available on the net, or maybe a copy of the original somewhere as I have searched various sources and have not found any so far?

I have found a skin maker but it seems to be the older version using images in different folders rather than the .gps extension that the new version expects so I guess that`s out.

Thanks for clearing up the issue for me, I`m new to the GPX2 and really getting into it. Much better than my old psp was!
i dont know but i do know i just made a perfect rip for 2.1.1 of the 3.0 skin!!
so i you downgraded you could keep the same skin!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back