Can't Believe Handheld Today Is Faster Than My First Computer.

Jourdy288 said:
xnopasaranx said:
When I got my first computer, I remember that I couldn't play Duke Nukem 3d. I had a 286. Then I got a 386 and saw the game running for the first time and was blown away by the graphics. I remember my dad buying a 40mb harddrive for the computer and the clerk telling him he should rather save the money and buy 20mb because when in his life would he need 40? lol... and now everyone has 16gb micro sd cards that will fit under a fingernail.
Hahahahahaha! 40mb....
You would be laughing if only you knew he bought it two weeks ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember buying a 512K upgrade for my A500 to play Prince of Persia - think it cost about £170 at the time (can't remember to be honest)

First computer was a Sharp MZ-700 - 64K, not sure what speed but it was less than 4khz. It rocked at the time though (but sucked compared to my classmates C64's and Spectrum 48k's!!)

I skipped out on the whole 286, 386 & 486 and my first PC was a Pentium 75 ... with dual speed CD-ROM - freaking amazing at the time!!!!

My current phone has a 1Ghz processor and 512MB of RAM!! - still have a soft spot for the old days though! :)

Back