Cannot Find Libsdl_Gfx.so.0 Wtf

xteraco

Still Fresh
So a couple days ago I had a WiZ version of my game working (with a memory leak and no joystick support). The next day I fixed the memory leak, and added joystick support. It built fine. I tested it in my Linux dev environment and it all worked, bugs fixed. I moved my WiZ build over to the WiZ and now I'm getting an error that says libSDL_gfx.so.0 cannot be found!!! This is happening even though no changes have been made to the Makefile AND libSDL_gfx.so.0 is sitting in the directory RIGHT NEXT TO MY WIZ BINARY!!! I'm stumped and VERY frustrated.

I've been working on this project for over a week. The sad thing is I've probably only spent 10 whole minutes coding.

Do "ldd yourfile.gpe" and see what it says. Maybe its just a path error .. also, try "LD_PRELOAD=./libSDL_gfx.so.0 yourfile.gpe" and see if that makes a difference.

I tried both of your suggestions. ldd didn't return anything. When I tried LD_PRELOAD it told me that test.gpe could not be found. o_O

xteraco said:
So a couple days ago I had a WiZ version of my game working (with a memory leak and no joystick support). The next day I fixed the memory leak, and added joystick support. It built fine. I tested it in my Linux dev environment and it all worked, bugs fixed. I moved my WiZ build over to the WiZ and now I'm getting an error that says libSDL_gfx.so.0 cannot be found!!! This is happening even though no changes have been made to the Makefile AND libSDL_gfx.so.0 is sitting in the directory RIGHT NEXT TO MY WIZ BINARY!!! I'm stumped and VERY frustrated.

I've been working on this project for over a week. The sad thing is I've probably only spent 10 whole minutes coding.

Rename you binary to another name like test.bin e.g. via
mv test.gpe test.bin

create a Shell script with following content:

#!/bin/sh

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:.
./test.bin

Hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Try:
"LD_PRELOAD=./libSDL_gfx.so.0 ./specificpathto/yourfile.gpe"

Seems like you've just got a naff PATH/ENV setup..

Thanks I will give this a shot within the next couple of days. For now I'm going to get the game working in Linux (since there are no problems there) and at the last minute, port it to the WiZ. This way there is at least *some* work done on the actual game! B) :wiz:

I had this problem several month ago, too: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49295-error-while-loading-shared-library-although-its-there

Last edited by a moderator:
Back