Release Cannonball - The Enhanced C++ Outrun Engine

Maybe more of a check:

if the roms are not there: give a text screen that says where the roms need to go

if the cpu speed is let's say 600 or lower offer to clock to 800mhz (like Daphne does)

Maybe more of a check:

if the roms are not there: give a text screen that says where the roms need to go

if the cpu speed is let's say 600 or lower offer to clock to 800mhz (like Daphne does)
For the rom, ok, not easy (because there are plenty of files), but I'll give it a try for next build.

About CPU Speed, I have to check how Daphne does ?!

Yes I was meaning a zenity window and what djkoelkast says is indeed smarter.

There's a parameter in the PXML to set the CPU speed, it will automatically ask if to overclock or not at the beginning.

Code:
<application>

<clockspeed frequency="800"/>

</application>

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe just a check wether or not the rom directory is empty.

When it's not it's probable the user alredy put some roms in, but it may be the wrong ones, at least they do have the knowledge about where to put them.

Yes I was meaning a zenity window and what djkoelkast says is indeed smarter.

There's a parameter in the PXML to set the CPU speed, it will automatically ask if to overclock or not at the beginning.

<application>

<clockspeed frequency="800"/>

</application>
This can be done by end user, just create an OVR with that, I it will do the trick. I prefer solution like this, so everyone as a choice.

You still have the choice as you can set it to "overclock to xxx and don't ask again"

Any chance we could have both analog and dpad controls? I find the nub-accelerate/brake combo to be most unintuitive :)

Having the buttons to move and the nub to steer would be great.

D.

Any chance we could have both analog and dpad controls? I find the nub-accelerate/brake combo to be most unintuitive :)

D.
I like it as it is now: left nub or d-pad for steering, buttons for gas/break, R for H/L

D.
It should works like that actualy. When analog is activated, I didn't deactivate digital controls.

D.
It should works like that actualy. When analog is activated, I didn't deactivate digital controls.
Sorry, but the digital controls are disabled when analog nubs are enabled. Tried here just now - can accelerate with right nub, but none of the ABXY buttons do anything.

D.

D.
Sorry, but the digital controls are disabled when analog nubs are enabled. Tried here just now - can accelerate with right nub, but none of the ABXY buttons do anything.

D.
Oh :( . That was my intention (having both enabled), but I must have missed something. I'll check again.

Hum, after a deeper look in the code, you cannot mix as easily digital and analog contol. I have to add menu items to have "analog wheel only", I think it's the only way, as analog and digital won't mix without side effects (and I don't want to alter analog control as it is, I find it good, but I can understand the need for analog wheel only).

Also, nubs don't disable the screen saver (at least on Slack, should be the same on Zaxxon).

Then don't accelerate with the nubs :p
Unfortunately, if you elect to steer with the nubs then you also have to accelerate and brake with the nubs. Other than that, your idea is sound. Unlike your reading comprehension skills, that is.

D.

Unfortunately, if you elect to steer with the nubs then you also have to accelerate and brake with the nubs. Other than that, your idea is sound. Unlike your reading comprehension skills, that is.

D.
That's not true. I've played with the left nub for steering and the buttons X or B for gas, I can't remember which, every game has it's own layout for that, but I did it multiple times.

D.
That's not true. I've played with the left nub for steering and the buttons X or B for gas, I can't remember which, every game has it's own layout for that, but I did it multiple times.
"Every game"? Let's get one thing straight here - we're talking about a specific game; that of the c++ remake of original Outrun, the one whose author (or rather maintainer of the Pandora port) has stated conclusively that "Analog and Digital won't mix without side effects" and has acknowledged that accelerate and brake don't work properly on face buttons (ABXY) when the analog controls are enabled.

Got that? Good. Now please explain how you managed to play this particular game in the manner you described.

D.

Back