Can Teachers Swear At Students?

jakshep2

Website
Visit site
I got told today, that collectively as a group, that a lesson I had was a "shit shambles" and "it was shit".
Also, he told my mate to "fuck off" because he was "taking the piss" when he did a little guitar solo behind him with a badminton racket behind him, when he, the teacher, was trying to play badminton with some other pupils to teach them some stuff. Can teachers talk to kids like this, or is there some kind of restriction on how teachers can speak to us? I doubt i'll do anything about it, because I found it funny, but I just wondered if we can be spoke to like that by someone who is apparently "in a position of trust".

thanks. :)

Once you get to a certain age, you'll find that some teachers swear all the time :p.

Orkie said:
Once you get to a certain age, you'll find that some teachers swear all the time :p.
I know, but not to that extent, imo. He seemed angry, too. nothing is funnier than an angry teacher that just can't pull off being angry, if you get what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, but not to that extent, imo

How can you have an opinion on how teachers treat older students? ;)

nothing is funnier than an angry teacher that just can't pull off being angry, if you get what I mean.

Yeah, I get what you mean. It means "I am an annoying like oik who finds it amusing to wind teachers up because I'm well cool!".

Orkie said:
Yeah, I get what you mean. It means "I am an annoying like oik who finds it amusing to wind teachers up because I'm well cool!".
I don't deliberately wind up the teachers, I just go with the flow.

jakshep2 said:
Ah, I see. You are in fact as your name almost states, a sheep. Somebody else starts winding them up and you join in....

Young people of today!

Orkie said:
jakshep2 said:
Ah, I see. You are in fact as your name almost states, a sheep. Somebody else starts winding them up and you join in....

Young people of today!

no, I don't do that, I just don't wind up the teachers, but I'm not exactly going to stop the idiots doing so, either.

P.S: I don't know why you're hating on me. :blink:

All of my teachers from high school onwards swore at pupils or just generally. Hell, I've sworn at teachers and gotten away with it. For example, my physics class was having a mess around day and the teacher asked for a 6 letter word that described him. So I said the first word that came to mouth which was f**ker. Needless to say he just laughed and told me not to do it again.

But yeh, teachers can swear at students if they want. It seems inappropriate at a younger age but it's common place as you get older. I'm trying to think if I've had one lecture so far this semester where there hasn't been swearing.

Some of my favorite teachers are the ones who don't care about being nice or hurting people's feelings. Maybe you should just take his vulgarity as a part of his personality. Anyway, he's probably not going to change so no use in crying over it.

Some of them are riiiight filth.

Mind, I did accuse one of them of being Voldemort the other day. He was not best pleased.

It really depends on spelling. For instance, if you say "Can you lend a NIGGAH a pencil?", but emphasize the "h" sound, it is OK.

"Niggah this"

"Niggah that"

Completely acceptable.

Edit: disclaimer, this is a parody of a popular incident that can be found on youtube. Hear that, chip?

geo12 said:
Some of my favorite teachers are the ones who don't care about being nice or hurting people's feelings. Maybe you should just take his vulgarity as a part of his personality. Anyway, he's probably not going to change so no use in crying over it.
I found it funny, so why did you get the impression I was "crying over it"? I'm a fucking idiot, and even I know that I should read the OP in full before I post myself.

Oh, we read it, and you had written in a tone which suggested you were furious that some teacher had sworn and you seemed to be looking for a reason to get them into trouble.

Sounds like your friend needs to meet Mr Cane. That would add a bit of discipline :p

Joking aside, given that teachers can no longer throw black board cleaners, hit or generally use any method to get kids to pay attention, its hardly surprising that they loose it.

I find that fact that you even ask if there is any way you can get him into trouble deeply shocking. I'm 'only' mid 30s but the 'ultra PC / sue' society has changed people's perceptions really quickly in the last couple of decades and not totally for the best.

andyB911 said:
...blah blah blah...
I find that fact that you even ask if there is any way you can get him into trouble deeply shocking. ...blah blah blah....
I never said I wanted to get him into trouble, just that him swearing at me brought up a thought about teachers being allowed to swear at kids. Jesus christ, It's not like I did anything wrong.

Orkie said:
Oh, we read it, and you had written in a tone which suggested you were furious that some teacher had sworn and you seemed to be looking for a reason to get them into trouble.
What is more is his friend is probably meaning himself!

jakshep2 said:
andyB911 said:
...blah blah blah...
I find that fact that you even ask if there is any way you can get him into trouble deeply shocking. ...blah blah blah....
I never said I wanted to get him into trouble, just that him swearing at me brought up a thought about teachers being allowed to swear at kids. Jesus christ, It's not like I did anything wrong.

Ha, so now you have tripped and actually admitted that "my friend" is a actually "me".

Peter R said:
Ha, so now you have tripped and actually admitted that "my friend" is a actually "me".
I meant by starting this topic.

Back in my day, the good old 80s/90s we had chairs thrown, get thrown up against the wall, blackboard dusters thrown etc. If the cane was still allowed our school would have had needed a constant supply. The kids gave as much back though, was fair game.

School kids are treated too softly now. My old dear is a teacher and she said the kids run riot as there is no punishment apart from a poxy letter to the parents. One instance she tried stopping a fight, she pulled one of the kids arms to break it up, it resulted in a bruise on the arm. She got warned for it by the head of school despite the kid having a busted nose by the other student who got no punishment at all.

Back