Can I really see what is ... Inside The Box?

Is this using frames? I haven't seen a website with frames for years now.

Maybe you should reconsider that designchoice.
Actually, no it uses DIVs. It would probably actually work in frames.

hum, and the symptoms are a little bit different...

I see the first "welcome screen" click it and end on that page: the dropdown control does not react to click...
Can you try switching on the "Compatability" mode - that icon next to the address with the broken page

One thing I would like to see is having the author of the article beneath or beside the title - this helps "setting the mood" for the article
Most people didn't even "sign" their doc, so I added them at the bottom. Maybe if there's an issue 2....

I see the first "welcome screen" click it and end on that page: the dropdown control does not react to click...
Can you try switching on the "Compatability" mode - that icon next to the address with the broken page

lol, I wasn't aware of this button... unfortunately there's not a single change...

lol, I wasn't aware of this button... unfortunately there's not a single change...
Yeah, I've just opened this on IE on my works machine (I have the IE-less Windows at home), doesn't work there. BTW - There's no dropdown controls, that's a div with scrollable content. Apparently IE is just unable to render it properly.

This is the main reason I abhor web development. How can it be the future when it's so inconsistant across browsers? AFAIK, I didn't use anything that wasn't standard HTML/CSS (If I'm wrong, somebody please correct me)

Last edited by a moderator:
hum, I don't know what you did, but it seems to work now with my IE...

lol, who knows. I did add all the XHTML tripe at the top which I always neglect :)

Interesting !! I will follow every issue !! :)

I have only a request: RSS feeds can be useful ^_^

I have only a request: RSS feeds can be useful ^_^
Do you really think? It's not like there'll be articles flowing on a regular basis. So the most you'll get is an RSS article saying "Issue released", which will be posted here anyway...

Besides, probably the most I'll do with the site is clean it up and make it more compatible with as many browsers as I can. I thought I'd done a good job on this one, it kinda surprised me that it failed on IE, but more-so for Safari, especially because it's WebKit based, and it worked (IIRC) on other WebKit browsers I tried.

Very nice read, thanks to all who contributed! I would like more issues. :)

Nice, i just had a real quick click through but i like the idea of this e-zine, i'll check it more later when i get home.

nice work

Fails in a similar way on the iPad, too. I originally thought it was something to do with the frames, but as there are none it must be something to do with the use of position:fixed.

I only see one screens worth of content for each article page, it doesn't scroll, as if it is frames - though I know it's not - this is on my android phone.

From what I can see though, this is really good, nice informative articles there, look forward to reading them completely on a desktop machine.

Well I just got to read the issue 1 - got to work a little early and was able to check it on my desktop without any problems.

Im definately going to be reading this on a regular, those articles were all really good i thought.

I dont really visit the repo much, I did when it launched but until i have my own Pandora - [which ive no idea where we at on that incidently - im plucking a guess out the air of around 2000 of 1st batch out there by now?] - Its not somewhere i visit. When that day comes though, this will of course change and will likely be the first 'favourite' i save to my Pandoras browser.

The couple screenshots for the proposed new repo layout though looked really nice.

I linked through to the Penjin video tutorials too, from the article, and cant actually see those just now - work block all flash video/YT content from me - but might try my hand at those later tonight, looked interesting.

One bad thing....

... This is doing no favours for my Pandora thirst! I really really wish i had my Pandora already now haha!

Looking forward to edition 2, hopefully the layout issue will be sorted too and i can catch that episode on my Android tablet

No they don't, the close tag for the header div (line 17) is missing the slash.
Eagleeye! You're needed for the next code review :p Thanks for that, I must be going blind.

Can those having problems with the site please try it again, and let me know.

Still doesnt scroll ... thats on my Android phone browser.

Whatever fits on the single screen is all you can see.

If this helps in investigating perhaps the location of an unclosed div or something... this is where each page cuts off for me.

Welcome/Credits - this is a short amount of text so all fits ok

Overlooked Classics - I get to see down to the 2nd line below the first screenshot. "Bomberlink.... paste everything from"

Penjin Programming - I get to the 'How Does This Relate To The Pandora' forth paragraph, "Another issue.... made release day!"

Diary Of A Game - I get to the first line of the example code syntax, under the 'Engine Flow' paragraphs, can see one line of code only.

Dont Fear The Repo - I get to the first screenshot, which i can only see the top half of.

MiniMenu Spelunking - Under the heading 'Background', third paragraph down, from "So if you want to .... a chance to load), and"

No matter if i zoom in and pan down, it still truncates at the same bit of each page.

ehem... the standard one that comes with Android [Gingerbread]

Ive not installed any other browser like Dolphon or Opera.

I dont actually know what the default Android browser it though, i suspect a flavour of Chrome - seeing as its a google OS

Back