Can I really see what is ... Inside The Box?

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
Well, the release date was 1st of Feb, I guess I'll surprise you all a few hours earlier, as I'm not expecting any more articles, and there's nothing more to be done on it.

http://insidethebox.pmprog.co.uk/

Many thanks to the contibutors, you made it all worth the while. It's a shame we couldn't have got more, but such is life. I'll consider a second issue (easy enough to update the website) should there be sufficient interest.

I hope you enjoy it.

Edit: If you liked this issue, please consider visiting the Issue 2? thread and cast a vote. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice reading! Thanks to all involved!

But please, make the logo background little bit lighter. It's hard to read in the article area on Pandora (I mean small screen, might be different on bigger screen, I didn't try). Contrast is low between black text and dark blue logo.

Great stuff! Someone better smack me about a bit and make me contribute for the next issue... truthfully, though, I don't know if I've got anything worth saying! I'm not geek cool enough.

My humble apologies for being too lazy and/or busy to contribute to this one. And excellent work those who did!

Good stuff, thanks all! Haven't enjoyed it all yet but I certainly will :)

But please, make the logo background little bit lighter. It's hard to read in the article area on Pandora (I mean small screen, might be different on bigger screen, I didn't try). Contrast is low between black text and dark blue logo.
It seemed okay when I was reading on the Pandora, but I appreciate not everybody sees things the same. I'll have a look later

I've brightened the background, should be okay now. Let me know if it still looks difficult to read.

What a nice surprise, I was wondering when the zine would be out!

I found the header logo hard to decipher, "box" isn't legible to me. Also I don't see the need to stretch the Pandora logo at the bottom.

Edit: hmm, seems my browser was doing the stretching there :) Still I think the header could do with a bit of polishing.

wait, so nothing from Streak...? you know, the guy who solely thought of this idea, was trying to push it through, and complained when nobody was submitting stories for it?

Congrats on getting this together pmprog! Was a nice read and many thanks to all those who did contribute. The newer logo colour is easier on the eyes too.

Love the mockups for the repo and thanks to skeezix (despite the twins), minimenu has come on in spades lately :)

Hope you get more help / contributors for the next one if you do carry on.

That was a really good read! Many thanks to those involved :)

Just tried to read it on the ipad, but just the toplogo is displayed. Nothing else :(

same on my win7 work PC using IE... guess IE suck, but well it's a work PC

I found the header logo hard to decipher, "box" isn't legible to me. Also I don't see the need to stretch the Pandora logo at the bottom.

Edit: hmm, seems my browser was doing the stretching there :) Still I think the header could do with a bit of polishing.
Yeah, probably, but when I built the site, I had a whole 1 article- which was the one I had done. I'll consider cleaning it all up if there's a second zine.

Just tried to read it on the ipad, but just the toplogo is displayed. Nothing else :(
Hmmm... Does that use Safari? I didn't try that browser, though it is Webkit so should be okay. I did my best to try it in as many browsers as possible : IE, Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Lightweight, Arora, and Miradi (whatever it's called).

same on my win7 work PC using IE... guess IE suck, but well it's a work PC
Hmmm, which version of IE are you using?

Yes, thats safari, but I am not sure, if it is only on ios or in every safari.

I don't have desktop safari, but you might want to test it.

version 9.0.8112.16421

update version 9.0.4

on a 7x86 box...

hum, and the symptoms are a little bit different...

I see the first "welcome screen" click it and end on that page: the dropdown control does not react to click...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is this using frames? I haven't seen a website with frames for years now.

Maybe you should reconsider that designchoice.

No problems here with Firefox 7.0.1.

Thanks for this - really nice

One thing I would like to see is having the author of the article beneath or beside the title - this helps "setting the mood" for the article

Back