Can I Play Mame Games Like Wonderboy And Packland

mhathera;ll

Still Fresh
Hello there,

I have been reading all you reviews on the gamepark for a while and have now decided to get myself one, so its on order just waiting delivery.

I am a BIG fan of mame games I love games like Bubble Bobble, Pack-LAND and wonderboy etc etc.

Now I see some people talking about MAME emulators so is it true that I can just download a MAME emulator for the gp32 and then copy in my roms that I have for MAME on a cd ?

Also I am guessing that in order to play the vast amount of emulators that the gp32 seem to take and all the games I am going to need about 50 SD card, or only keep about 2-3 games on the console at any one time, and delete them as I want to install some different game ? I find that this may start to get anoying ?

I would be very greatful if somebody could help shed a little light on things. Thanks

Mike

Ryleh is doing mame, I don't think its properly public yet but I think if you get on his mailing list i *think* you can get a copy. Its pretty good, supports a lot of 1980's games.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

mhathera;ll posted on Mar 4 2004 at 09:04 PM said:
50 SD card, or only keep about 2-3 games on the console at any one time
Umm...

(1) You mean SMC, right? Gp32 doesn't support SecureDigital....

(2) Even if each game was 10MB, you could fit 12 games per SMC, but they aren't nearly that much.... About 1-5MB depending on if it's an emu, a ROM, homebrew.... (but there are some strnage 30MB games I only know of one)....

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix posted on Mar 4 2004 at 09:08 PM said:
but I think if you get on his mailing list i *think* you can get a copy.
Well, how about that :eek: i looked around, but could not find any signs of any mailinglist ??? damn, i would sure like some mame on my GP32

Last edited by a moderator:
B) Some of my favorite games you mentioned there... and they all have (close enough) arcade perfect conversions on the following systems:

Bubble bobble - NES (LittleJohn)

Wonderboy - MASTER SYSTEM (fSMS)

Pac-Land - PC-Engine (GPEngine)

All of these emus play at full speed on GP32.

Back