Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Ganepark32

Suit Up!
Website
Visit site
Who's got it? Got mine on friday and I've been enjoying it immensely. I haven't played much of it though as I was out on Friday (Foo Fighters concert. What more can you say). The Single player is quite good actually. Much better than I thought it would be although I know it is short. I'm racing through it on normal setting pretty quickly. But it is good. Multiplayer is brilliant and anyone who had played the beta will know this already. It's fantastic. Some of the maps though are huge, making the multiplayer seem more like a search out and destroy game instead of a full on battle. But it's still awesome.

Received mine on thursday (pre ordered from Game) and finished it the same day on Normal setting, am gonna play through again on harder setting though to unlock the achievements I havent got... Game is awesome, been having loads of fun on multiplayer over the last couple of days... Cheats are good too when you unlock them for picking up enemy intel (ragtime mode is hilarious!) I would not hesitate to reccomend this to any FPS fan.

Finished the single player today myself. Wasn't as short as I thought and certainly wasn't easy at the end. I felt a bit cheated though as where it ended before the credits left me asking more questions. And the mini level afterwards didn't answer any of them.

Multiplayer has been getting a lot of my attention at the moment. Rank 17 so far and getting better. Managed to get a 12 kill streak earlier today before someone put a bullet in my head. Bastards. :p Some of the ways to get XP on live though are quite interesting. If you're playing on that market level thats set in the middle east, go and find a well and jump down it. Instant xp for that. If anyone wants to play a game of it sometime, I'll post my gamertag later on. And quite aptly for this board, I've set my clan tag to GP2X

no fair.

im so skint atm with this, orange box and mass effect out soon,

and im stuck playing battlefield on live
is multiplayer REALLY that good?

its awesome, if only battlefield 2 was like this....

cod4 is similar to bf2 but it doesnt have the hitreg problems and the stupid lag. it also runs better and has better graphics without the need for 800mb of patches.

Exactly. COD4 on live is awesome. it looks good and there has been no lag for me what so ever and I've played with people from America and Australia at the same time.

I was playing with someone on COD4 earlier who was getting 300 plus points every match getting over 30 kills. By far the best player I've ever seen on it, and I'm pretty good myself averaging out at about 130 points a match. (although I can do some really stupid things on it)

Also, I had ocmpletely forgotten about Mass Effect until you mentioned it sensible_GP32. Will add it to my list of things for xmas that I still haven't gotten round to writing yet.

I got cod4 on friday. It is a great game. I am level 31 i think a captain or something :D Add me if you want to play iCABBAGESi

CABBAGES said:
I got cod4 on friday. It is a great game. I am level 31 i think a captain or something :D Add me if you want to play iCABBAGESi
what system do you have cod4 on ? i think everyone has it on different systems :/

Last edited by a moderator:
i got it on 360 too. I nearly got it on the ps3 but none of my friends have a ps3 i also just got assasins creed for the 360 but i think i should have got it for the ps3 since i hardly have nay ps3 games

How many hours is the single player campaign on this? I heard it was really short. How are the levels, are they super linear like older versions? I don't do on-line stuff so that don't count for me. It looks cool I just don't want to get jipped :p

It took me longer than 4 hours to complete on Normal. About 8 or so hours. I felt it was longer than Halo 3 but could have been longer. As far as a single player game goes, it is a good one. Don't let the short campaign mode fool you. Some of the levels in the game are some of the best I've ever played in any game. The two sniper levels set 15 years before the main game are probably the best levels in a game period. The feeling that you are actually the guy running through Ukraine to get away from the Ultranationalists is amazing.

I will say though, the main draw is the online multiplayer so if you don't care for that, all I can say is rent it to play the single player. The single player isn't truly justifiable of the full price but a rental is like giving it away. So rent it if you have no intention of playing the multiplayer.

It was a great game but pretty short. It was fun but I was done with it after maybe 8 hours. Yet to try Multiplayer, but it looks solid from what I have seen...

I'm up to the Macmillan part where he's all cripple and I have to ward off the dudes until the copter comes.

It's pretty f'ing impossible, wtf?

edit: got it after like 40 tries

Back