Call Of Duty 4 Beta Rocks!

razzy

Website
Visit site
Have been playing the multiplayer beta on 360 since monday and all i can say is wow! Only 3 maps available to play on but boy are they entertaining... Overgrown is basically a village with loads of bombed out houses and loads of tall grass to hide in pretty cool, Crash is a a town with a crashed helicopter as its main feature again loads of bombed out buildings feature here, last but not least is Vacant, this map is basically one huge factory complex with loads of corridors and wide open spaces anyone that hasnt downloaded it yet should try checking out here as there are still a few people with extra codes floating around the boards who are willing to give them away.

Good luck and maybe see you online!

razzy said:
Have been playing the multiplayer beta on 360 since monday and all i can say is wow! anyone that hasnt downloaded it yet should try checking out here as there are still a few people with extra codes floating around the boards who are willing to give them away.

gamespot is the best place to get a code now, the official site www.charlieoscardelta.com has stopped handing them out, ive downloaded the demo but not played it yet, ive been playing cod 2 all week and cant believe how good it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a code from Gamespot but where do I go to redeem it and have the invite sent to my xbox live account? I went to that Charliebravowhatever site for it but got nowhere.

Ganepark32 said:
I've got a code from Gamespot but where do I go to redeem it and have the invite sent to my xbox live account? I went to that Charliebravowhatever site for it but got nowhere.
you type the code into the redeem code slot on xbox live marketplace on the 360 itself it will then tell you that you are about to download the call of duty 4 beta...

thnx for that. I'll look into that for later on. have to get my bro to stop playing Rainbow 6 online to do it though. Got a new TV, HD, and he's been itching to try it out with online.

Anyway, perhaps I may play some of you when and if i get it downloaded.

CUPC4KES said:
razzy said:
Have been playing the multiplayer beta on 360 since monday and all i can say is wow! anyone that hasnt downloaded it yet should try checking out here as there are still a few people with extra codes floating around the boards who are willing to give them away.

gamespot is the best place to get a code now, the official site www.charlieoscardelta.com has stopped handing them out, ive downloaded the demo but not played it yet, ive been playing cod 2 all week and cant believe how good it is.

Gamespot have stopped handing the codes out as well which is why i suggested the cod 4 boards as there are people out there with more than 1 token... I had 2 myself (1 from gamespot and another for pre ordering the game from Game) the boards are flooded with people offering the tokens for nothing which is why i suggested going there in the first place...

ok. I tried typing the code I have into the redeem code bit and its asking for a 25 character code. Gamespot only gave me a nine character one which wont validate when I put it in. In the email from gamespot, it said I should go to the official website, and enter my code to complete registration. But, I don't see anywhere to put the code. Any help?

Edit: scrap that guys. I found the right place. All I have to do now is wait for my token code to come. Hopefully it wont be days and days before it comes

Ganepark32 said:
ok. I tried typing the code I have into the redeem code bit and its asking for a 25 character code. Gamespot only gave me a nine character one which wont validate when I put it in. In the email from gamespot, it said I should go to the official website, and enter my code to complete registration. But, I don't see anywhere to put the code. Any help?

Edit: scrap that guys. I found the right place. All I have to do now is wait for my token code to come. Hopefully it wont be days and days before it comes
Mine arrived 2 days after putting it in

The Game kicks ass!!!!!! :D

Ganepark32 said:

i think you have to go and redeem the nine character code on www.charlieoscardelta.com, they then email you a couple of days later with the full code that you redeem on xbox live, i played for about 4 hours last night, i have to say its probably the best online game ive played on 360, a few connection occasionally issues but i guess thats what the beta is for, to iron them all out. im looking forward to this way more than halo 3.

Ganepark32 said:
got my code at about lunch time and had a go on it for an hour and I have to say, it is good, although I think I died about 100 times in the hour
There are people on it that have been playing it solidly for a few weeks now (USA had it weeks before everyone else) so you can expect to keep getting killed till you start to learn the maps/weapons and suchlike, once you start to hold your own on it though and start getting the UAV's/Airstrikes and Helicopters (3,5 & 7 kills in a row respectively) it becomes a totally different game and you will start to enjoy it a whole lot more...

Already started doing that razzy. Been consistently getting 120+ points everytime I play now, and getting in airstrikes. Haven't had the helicopter myself but I've shot a few down.

Shame that it finishes on the 30th though. Gonna have to play the hell out of it in the next two weeks

Ganepark32 said:
Already started doing that razzy. Been consistently getting 120+ points everytime I play now, and getting in airstrikes. Haven't had the helicopter myself but I've shot a few down.

Shame that it finishes on the 30th though. Gonna have to play the hell out of it in the next two weeks
ive been playin for ages and im still crap :D

Anyone know when the beta finishes? I'm hearing both the 24th and the 30th of september. Any clarification would be great.

And I finally managed to get top scorer in a team deathmatch for the first time about half an hour ago. I was amazed that I got it. But then again, I am legendary and unstoppable at it :p lol not really. Although It kind sucks having a level cap at 16. Got up to it very quickly and now I cant go higher.

Ganepark32 said:
Anyone know when the beta finishes? I'm hearing both the 24th and the 30th of september. Any clarification would be great.

And I finally managed to get top scorer in a team deathmatch for the first time about half an hour ago. I was amazed that I got it. But then again, I am legendary and unstoppable at it :p lol not really. Although It kind sucks having a level cap at 16. Got up to it very quickly and now I cant go higher.
I heard it finishes on the 30th myself but I wouldnt take that as a guarantee... try searching on the COD4 site for a more certain answer...

I'm usually quite nonchalant about next-gen shooters (is it just me, or is every man and his dog making one?!), but yes indeed, the first time I laid eyes on this beast...

...some call it love, but I call it lust. What a visceral and beautiful game it will be!

I wouldn't say beautiful from what we are seeing on the beta. But then again, it is just the beta. I presume the final game will be more polished. The textures are horrible in the beta, some of which are incredibly blocky.

Some folks are never satisfied :lol:

I think it's got some great atmosphere going, regardless of 'blocky textures', which my myopic eyes must've failed to register too much.

you only really notice them if you are close up to things, i.e. hiding behind objects, in the crash level. That Overgrown map is a pain in the arse though. Hate it when I get sniped by people lying in the grass.

Back