Caanoo Original Software Torrent

segaprophet

The People's Technocratic Republic of Vinnland
I just uploaded a torrent containing the software included on the Caanoo branded SD card for anyone who is missing it. AFAIK none of this software is currently available on dl.openhandhelds.org.

software list -

Demon's World
Flying Shark
Guardian
Hellfire
Out Zone
Pipi & Bibi's
Propis (demo)
Rhythmos
Rotate Patissier (Kaiten Patissier)
Slap Fight
Snow Bros 2
Tiger Heli
Truxton
Truxton II
Twin Cobra
Twin Hawk
Wardner
Wings of Wor
‪Zero Wing‬

[EDIT]
As per your other post, I've removed the link. Please read the site's rules - http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/forum-91/announcement-27-the-list-of-things-you-dont-do/

Ian - iprice

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, is there something I don't know about DRM in these files? I don't read the forums with any great regularity, but I've never heard of this before.

I've flashed my Caanoo's firmware several times and upgraded SD cards several times, and these files still work the same as they always have.

If there is DRM, I'm curious to know how it is implemented?

I bought my first Caanoo pretty early in october 2010 and at that time it came with download codes for the games. You had to use a (bad and buggy) software from GPH to copy it to the device and you had to enter the serial number of the Caanoo. I have no idea how they managed DRM when they switched to the 4GB SD card though.

IIrc, ED tried to get the rights of those games after the closure of GPH's Handheld division, but I don't think that ever happened.

Dear sagaprophet, after years of playing with my GP2X I've just layed my hands on both a GP2X Wiz and Caanoo, so do you still have these Caanoo files? Or could you perhaps see the torrent again? Kind regards and all!

Back