C64 Direct To Tv Joystick Thingy.

Woah! That one even beats the Genesis one with Sonic the Hedgehog on it! A worthy find indeed. May have to get one when they release them in the UK. My sis works at the Gadget Shop, and I've been itching to get a discount on something...

Well its only out in NTSC format through a shopping channel at the moment. The sound is apparently not very well emulated and it's had a lot of negative feedback. For more viewpoints, there are a couple of threads in the forums at www.lemon64.com about iy (you will have to register to view them and do a search for 'DTV' or 'Tulip').

Also, Tulip have sold the name to another company now - I feel that the Commodore name is being devalued.

they're nicely hackable apparently... someone plugged a ps2 jkeyboard into one and ran a few 256-colour demos on it ;)

Well its only out in NTSC format through a shopping channel at the moment. The sound is apparently not very well emulated and it's had a lot of negative feedback. For more viewpoints, there are a couple of threads in the forums at www.lemon64.com about iy (you will have to register to view them and do a search for 'DTV' or 'Tulip').

Also, Tulip have sold the name to another company now - I feel that the Commodore name is being devalued.

Not as good as they at first appear then :(

Oh well. I've still got Frodo on the GP :) hehe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh well. I've still got Frodo on the GP hehe.

gah. also they didn't put wizard of wor in it.
useless.

They only bought the rights of (IIRC) two companies games (Epyx and Hewson), which explains why there are certain games on it. (In fact theey were selling game downloads from their site, which is about as good as a chocolate teapot!).

They only bought the rights of (IIRC) two companies games (Epyx and Hewson), which explains why there are certain games on it. (In fact theey were selling game downloads from their site, which is about as good as a chocolate teapot!).

But they do have a decent variety of games...Uridium, Impossible Mission, Winter Games etc. Personally I wouldn't pay £30 but it's certainly a cool little gadget.

I don't know why Americans should get anything Commodore related first as the US branch contributed to the downfall of Commodore and the end of the Amiga...if there wasn't enough reasons to hate the yanks!

for those in the US, they have them at Kay Bee Toys for a mere $10. I went for it, and it is just awesome! Once I'm done with my other projects there will be big things in store for the unit I bought. Many of you can figure out what it is if they take a look in the other handhelds thread. :)

I can give you some insight on what the C64DTV (as us commodorites call it) is actually. Granted I've heard that the sound is kinda sucky, but as it turns out, the unit is actually a COMPLETE c64 (aside from some of the ports) on a chip. Jeri Elsworth, of Commodore One Reconfigurable Computer [http://c64upgra.de, was the one that created this machine and it is basically an EXACT copy of a c64. And yeah... I've been hearing that they are at KayBee Toyworks as of late, since i kinda keep up on the Comp.sys.cbm Usenet group.

Back