Update C-Dogs SDL 0.6.5

Looks like version 0.5.8 was the last release to use SDL1, but it's over a year old. I remember someone ported the SDL1 version of C-Dogs to the GP2X long ago and it ran very well, so if not much has changed since 0.5.8 as far as a Pandora port would use, it might be worth to downgrade :) Thanks for the port canseco, another reason to get around to updating everything on my Pandora.

so if not much has changed since 0.5.8

Most libre/open source projects change a lot, and this one is not an exception, just take a look at the releases changelogs.

You will miss features like, joystick hot-plugging, joystick rumble, LAN multiplayer, new campaigns, etc. And a lot of bug fixes.

I could understand if you want to wait until it's more optimized on OpenPandora before updating, but it already works much better than the old 0.4.1.1 version on repo that runs at 20 FPS, ;)

Hi all :)

@canseco : thanks for this new release, performance is steady now (~15-20 FPS @ 600 MHz). Turning all the eye-candy off and lowering the FPS to 50 makes quite a difference.

@alxm : glad to see you are still around ! Any new games in sight ? ;) :p

Cheers, Magic Sam

Changelog

- Latest stable release.
- Changed default control mapping. See below.

Input control keys:

Dpad: movement
B button: Accept/fire
X button: Cancel/Run/Change weapon
Y button: Show map

Thanks for the update; btw I haven't forgotten about the performance issues, I'm thinking of look at it in the release after next. Performance is also currently an issue for GCW Zero. I'm not sure where the performance bottleneck is, but it might not be graphics related, since the game runs slower on big maps with lots of enemies.

It's not only your game that has less performance with SDL2. (2.0.5 from Ptitseb github and SDL 2.0.1 Image and Mixer with latest stable libs)

As PtitSeb said before, with notaz SDL1 we had framebuffer, but with SDL2 blitting textures on GLES2, and scaling are slower.

It happens too with VICE, Starfighter 1.7 (main menu is slow even on a PC), or any other game i tried.

Changelog

- Latest stable release.
- Updated libs and source code inside the PND.

I gave this a spin this evening; sorry for the delay, I kept forgetting to check it out when I had my Pandora time. Ran fine, as far as I can tell. Judging by the new features on the website, I tested the new hit model, and the character creation stuff.

Back