Buying Wiz In The Eu - Where?

Nellib

Still Fresh
So, I am buying a Wiz due to the digital controls. Let's not get in to discussions regarding the Caanoo here, since I really want digital controls with my retro games. :D

My questions is this: what places are good to order from that could possibly have them in stock still? Any advice as to what places are best to order them from?

http://www.gp2xstore.com/gp2x-wiz-handheld-linux-game-console.html
Only place I know of that has them.

I would like to buy it from a store in the EU, so I don't get a fat extra charge due to the import. Anyone?

^ He has none left. You could email him to be sure, but he got his last 100 units in months ago.

Nellib said:
I would like to buy it from a store in the EU, so I don't get a fat extra charge due to the import. Anyone?
If it was sent as "GIFT", do you still have to pay custom duties fees?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try play-asia.com, they ship worldwide and i think it has free shipping for the Caanoo. It also has accessories you can pre-order since they haven't come out yet. I am planning to order from them; I live in Canada. From my experience, I haven't been charged for customs. I ordered some items from Dealextreme and they were marked as a gift, and I didn't get charged for customs... I don't think they even charge you in Canada, but I don't know about the European Union.

Com64 said:
Try play-asia.com, they ship worldwide and i think it has free shipping for the Caanoo.

1: Play-asia, as the name suggests, aren't in Europe.
2: Nellb was asking where to buy the Wiz, not the Caanoo.
3: Play-asia no longer sell the Wiz.

RupeeClock said:
Com64 said:
Try play-asia.com, they ship worldwide and i think it has free shipping for the Caanoo.

1: Play-asia, as the name suggests, aren't in Asia.
2: Nellb was asking where to buy the Wiz, not the Caanoo.
3: Play-asia no longer sell the Wiz.

ah, sorry a lack of sleep is getting to me. somehow i mixed those first two sentences up. sorry about that...

Does anyone know if http://www.chollogame.es is a safe site to shop from?

I have a couple ones left, yes. Send me an eMail (shop@gp2x.de) and you could still get one.

nellib: chollogames is a new name for Adictron. I bought my wiz from them and a couple of microsdhc's later. Always prompt shipping and no nonsense. However now that my Wiz is dying from the plague, they're on holiday and so haven't responded to my question about replacement. So I'll be able to reply properly sometime next month.

Hi EvilDragon

EvilDragon said:
I have a couple ones left, yes. Send me an eMail (shop@gp2x.de) and you could still get one.

I sent you a mail and I was wondering if you recieved it, and I am interested in getting a WIZ as well

Kind Regards

quote said:

Is it just me, or is this site partially broken?

I ordered a Wiz yesterday, and added $20 or so for express shipping, and i can't check the order status or anything.

Anyone else?

nrasool said:
Hi EvilDragon
EvilDragon said:
I sent you a mail and I was wondering if you recieved it, and I am interested in getting a WIZ as well

I guess so, but I am a bit behind with my eMails, I'll reply to yours, too, no worries.

crow_riot said:
@ED: are there also some spare batteries left? :)

Sadly, no :(

Last edited:
quote said:

do not buy anything from that place, i ordered a wiz there once when it was first released, i didn't receive my wiz, nor my money back. Because the owner went sick and had to go to the hospital this happend more then a year ago... so do not buy there.

Peter R said:
So GP2xstore still owe you a Wiz?

yup they still do, either that or giving my money back. I gave up contacting them, i just can't be bothered anymore. Besides they could have checked everything and see me and perhaps other people are still didn't receive them. There was already a topic about this. I just gave up on this now. They know about it, just don't care to conctact me. So screw em. I ordered a canoo now, from ed's shop. I think i'll be safe there, didn't had a problem there in the past and i bet if there are any they probably react instantly.

joyrider said:
quote said:

do not buy anything from that place, i ordered a wiz there once when it was first released, i didn't receive my wiz, nor my money back. Because the owner went sick and had to go to the hospital this happend more then a year ago... so do not buy there.

I just got my Wiz a couple hours ago or so, ordered from GP2Xstore.com No complaints with the store, all went well.

Must have been an isolated case.

Back