Buying without credit card?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by theredbaron, Aug 7, 2019.

1. theredbaron

theredbaron Still Fresh

I live in the USA, have no credit card (and no intention of getting one). What would be the best way to order it/ is it possible? I have been lurking around here since pandora days, and now that it is close to release (and I have a job :) ), I was wanting it.

Is there any way? I know its not on Amazon, will it after launch? Is bitcoin usable? Etc. Or will I "have" to get a prepaid visa card?

Tags:
  2. Lambda

Lambda Member

Just go to the shop and try to order what you want. Apparently there is a whole load of payment options, including PayPal and Bitcoin.

3. Nintendo

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

Visa debit card or MasterCard debit card :)

4. Silent-Hunter

Silent-Hunter Hardcore Member

Yeah if you have a bank, you should be able to use their debit card.

5. Kippykip

Kippykip BFG 9000

I just used paypal myself

6. theredbaron

theredbaron Still Fresh

I have no bank card, hence my issue. :), saving account only.

7. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

I wonder how you get paid from your job without some kind of current account that provides at the very least some kind of debit card. I recognise your username from apparently five years ago, so welcome back to the community in any case.

Nintendo and Swordfish II like this.
  8. Swordfish II

Swordfish II Very Active Member

Seems like no matter where you turn you will need either a bank account or credit card. Some ways:

bank account > paypal > pyra
    Check > vanilla visa > pyra

9. levi

levi Still fresh, damnit!

Ah, by 'vanilla visa' you mean a prepayment visa credit card. You confused me by the use of the term 'visa' which to me still means something you only need in international travel normally.

FWIW, I see no reason other than the category chosen for this post to indicate he's intending to buy a pyra or one of the other excellent goods shipped by the dragonbox shop but there you go.

10. Swordfish II

Swordfish II Very Active Member

Yep

11. wdt

wdt Member

There is always --gasp-- snail mail, costs more than a dollar, but ....
    Your bank will happily sell you a money order, save your part in case the letter goes astray
    It is a little work...

theredbaron likes this.
  12. Askarus

Askarus Hardcore Member

Bitcoin is possible.

13. theredbaron

theredbaron Still Fresh

Nothing shady, handyman basicly. I get my check, and either cash or deposit it to my savings account. I could get a card, if I got a checking account. However, they said they couldn't open a checking account for some reason, and I have not had the time to look into it. Besides, at the moment, I had no need. This is the first thing I have had a need for a credit card for.

Also, never really left. I check back every month or two, to check in on the progress, but after the initial "holy shit this is awesome" reaction, I have a hard time talking about a device I don't have. So I would stop by, check whats up, and leave :)

In america, I can get money onto paypal and a visa card with cash. Which one is best? IE: takes the smallest cut from evildragon?

Yeah, btc apparently dropped a bit. Dont really follow it too closely. Seems I have only about $300usd now.

levi likes this.
  14. Nintendo

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

Borrow/use a friend's cc.

15. xnopasaranx

xnopasaranx Superbad!

OMG the red baron is back! Though you are apparently not the original gp32x redbaron (which is a relief)... or are you?
    Maybe the redbaron has moved from down under to the US of A, just to keep trolling console collectors. Will you be selling your pyra the week after it has arrived for a dumping price?
    @Nintendo remember that dude?

For anyone who doesn't know the original RB, check out the "LOL Files"
    - this one here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/to-be-or-not-to-be.56733/#post-931390
    - or here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/r-b-is-back-to-fight.53711/
    - or here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/nominate-sony-to-be-a-moderator-i-am-being-serious.53455/
    - aaaand here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/s-where-is-my-jxd-v3-you-crook.53299/
    - or this one: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/th...a-pandora-with-accessories.56421/#post-928196
    and possibly a lot more old threads which I have buried somewhere deep down in the darkest places of my subconsciousness.

... just in case: I am kidding ofcourse. Even if you were the original R.B., always nice to see people coming back.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    FBnil, Farox and Nintendo like this.
  16. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

Back to the original request...

I recall that years ago there was a plan to have a US distributor ... what was his name? Link?

If those plans are still waiting on the shelf and ready to use - they might get dusted off and enable us in US so buy Pyras from a more local supplier? If this is still going to happen - and if you can wait that long (likely won't happen until after the first 1200+/- units ship from ED's shop) - and if you happen to live close enough to said hypothetical US distributor - maybe then you could walk in with cash and walk out with a Pyra?

17. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

yeah a link to Link...

Last I knew he was practically my neighbor, lives a few towns away, but haven't talked to him in ages... Which I prob should change at some point...

I'm not sure if he's still involved or not...

Link likes this.
  18. Nintendo

Nintendo Nintendo Switch

19. EvilDragon

EvilDragon Administrator Staff Member

He's still planning to resell but has moved now, so he's not your neighbor anymore :D

Link, Grench and TrashyMG like this.
  20. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

Ah man, I should have hit the pub with him before he left...

Link and rSl like this.