Buying advice

Of course. You could also boot an Live-Linux Distro on your PC to test it.

Hello everyone. I have only just begun to learn about the Pandora and Pyra. The machines look amazing and the community too. My overwhelmingly major interest is retro emulation. Should I wait a few months to buy the Pyra until all the emulators are ported across? I believe that many will not be at launch. Any other advice for a complete novice?

I've been around since the GP2X, and there is one thing I want to tell you:

With devices like these, the time after launch is the most exciting time to have the device. Developers are putting out software almost daily, and you're always wondering what interesting software you'll get to try next. Opinions may differ about this, but for me, that was the best time to be a GP2X, and later a Pandora owner.

-God Ginrai

You will get most emulators at launch. Considering the speed of the Pyra is greatly improved over the Pandora, it will work for most things. Over time they improve. Get in on the Pyra preorder and contribute where you can.

Translating desktop environments, programs and even emulators is a very low threshold way of giving back.

Edit: You can install the exact same OS on your PC. Debian GNU/Linux.

Last edited:
Back