Buttons painted on new cases?

Poem58

Sorry if I missed it, but I was wondering since it was mentioned that the OP team had requested the buttons not to be painted anymore if the ones in the new shipment had been painted or not. Just curious as to if the hole drilling issue was no longer an issue. Thanks.

While I am at it I may as well ask if the TV-out cables have been ordered yet and if so is it expected that they will be available to ship with Pandora's when production resumes? Hoping so to save the OP team yet more charges in shipping those suckers.

Thanks.

My birthday is mid November so I'm hoping to have my greatest birthday gift in many years. Keeping fingers crossed! It may be the first time I knew what I was going to get more than a year and a half early, but darn it doesn't make me any less excited. From what I am reading, it seems there will be now way I will be disappointed. (You know the old, "desire to have it being more than actually having it")

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I think it was confirmed whether I last queried whether they were still painting the buttons or not. Although I haven't heard Craig confirming the confirmation since receiving the buttons.

Edit: Ah, perhaps not the most positive of confirmations:

Yes, I think it was confirmed whether I last queried whether they were still painting the buttons or not. Although I haven't heard Craig confirming the confirmation since receiving the buttons.

Edit: Ah, perhaps not the most positive of confirmations:

Yeah, I didn't see an answer there either. Oh well.

If you mean the shoulder buttons, they have only painted the outside part (the part you see).

Thanks Craig, that should make things a lot easier then. From what I read it seemed that drilling step while not necessarily horribly bad did eat up some assembly time. So it's just one less problem you have to deal with and that is a relief.

Thanks for the answer which only served to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks Craig, that should make things a lot easier then. From what I read it seemed that drilling step while not necessarily horribly bad did eat up some assembly time. So it's just one less problem you have to deal with and that is a relief.

Thanks for the answer which only served to satisfy my curiosity.

The copper shielding is also now one big custom strip which saves even more time.

The copper shielding is also now one big custom strip which saves even more time.
Hey Craig, does this now mean that the bezel bowing at the bottom of the LCD will be less, or maybe removed entirely?

Chris

Back