Bunkermaster2x V0.4 Released

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
ParkyDR didn't change anything in the sourcecode, but thanks to the optimized Allegro library by Hitnrun BunkerMaster2x is now faster :)

bunk.png

Download: Bunkermaster2x v0.4

Hmm really? Wow I'm glad I could help!

Is the game 8-bit of 16-bit? If 8-bit I have an even more optimized allegro version, in Zelda Classic fps went from 26 to 34 fps with it, but only for 8-bit.

It's 16 bit. I haven't measured the FPS, the problem was the really bad slow down when a lot was going on.

I optimised what I could but I was hitting limits in allegro, the new library seems to help.

Wow, I've never played this game before, interesting idea. :)

But somehow it's still very slow ingame, again a good example, how unoptimized PC Games are. Especially the Flamethrower makes a nice Diashow. ;)
I wonder, where all the Processor Power of our GP2X vanishs, I'm sure the Zero-Graphics are not the reason :D

Oh, can I remap the Controlls? Weapon Switching on Select is not good, I would prefer L+R for this. Auto Switching weapons could be deaktivated with a option to. The game itself is a little bit plain, ther could be more content. Maybe Scores for capturing Buildings, control over Air-Strikes, more complex Bunkers with underground corridors, Stationary weapons at sandbags etc, ... :)

kevcal said:
Parkydr said:
I optimised what I could but I was hitting limits in allegro, the new library seems to help.
.. but you could start using the blitter... ;)
Yes it still don't like me :)
I should make a video and show what is happening with video bitmaps, it is very strange.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you both using 4.3.10 now?
If so, I could create a 4.3.10 with the hw-blit indicators..(if anyone's interested ;))
I just got a new laptop that I'm configuring (ie dual-boot vista/linux and moving everything across) as well as my normal work and I'm lacking gp2x-dev time. :(

EDIT:
As an aside, after all these years I'm throwing away dual boot linux/windows and using virtualbox for linux under vista.
My laptop is thankfully powerful enough to run both simultaneously :) and this is so much more flexible (and very easy to setup).
Will get back to looking at modding 4.3.10 when I can.

I have found out, that the Flamethrower effect uses real Transparencies, and we know, the GP2X hates Transparencies. Thats why it gets slow there. But overclocked it is playable even with heavy Flamethrower usage. Very useful uphill by the way ;)

shot40007ia9.png

Oh, do the enemies and friendly Soldiers only use MG? I haven't seen other weapons in use.

fusion_power said:
I have found out, that the Flamethrower effect uses real Transparencies, and we know, the GP2X hates Transparencies. Thats why it gets slow there. But overclocked it is playable even with heavy Flamethrower usage. Very useful uphill by the way ;)

shot40007ia9.png
Oh, do the enemies and friendly Soldiers only use MG? I haven't seen other weapons in use.

FUN FACTS ABOUT BUNKERMASTER:

The flamethrower sound is myself blowing at the mic
I made the guard tower. Doesn't it look awesome?

I will update the person who coded this for the original competition that the GP2x version has been updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. ^_^
Yes, the Guard Tower looks nice...but I hate the Tower when Enemies shooting from there. :D
Was the original Game continued in develop since 2005? I think the potential of the game is big enough to optimize it more for GP2X and add new features. :)

Oh, my best High Score was around 33000. Other User-Scores anywhere?

Back