Level Shmup 1.0 Released

thebooboo

Still Fresh
Website
www.timsrecordlabel.com
Just a quick note to advise that Level Shmup has been finalised to version 1.0
Sorry that I've been re-uploading this every 5 minutes but I'm happy with it now and will do another game instead.

It's basically the same as v0.4, except that there are some bug fixes and the screens now fade into each other, just like in a real game! If you've been playing 0.4 and want to keep your records for this version, you just need to delete the "profiles" and "records" folders from your copy of 1.0 and copy these folders across from your copy of v0.4.

Happy shmupping!

Download link: http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,1443

ole!

Good for you!

Im programing a game like yours ( i mean nemesis, porjectx, etc.) And Im gonna try to make really good. But i think it wont be ready at least on 1 year How much of your time this project took from you? So i will have an idea.

Thanks for you game , mate.

OK, well, to be honest it wasn't a very well managed project, but anyway....

I took a week off work and worked full time on the prototype, Survival Shmup, then worked on evenings/weekends for another 2 weeks to finish that off, but the code for that game was a load of rubbish, because I didn't structure it so almost everything was a global. Then I had another 2 weeks off and did the ground work on Level Shmup with an object-oriented design, again full-time. Then after that it was about another month to six weeks in evenings/weekends, although to be honest I did some of the graphics on Microsoft Paint at work while no-one was looking.

This particular game is GPL, and you can download source for v0.1 from the source archive. I haven't released the latest source as such as it's got a bit messy and I need to tidy it up, but as per the GPL license you can request a copy by PM-ing me or e-mailing.

Sorry if I'm being thick, but pics of what?

Oh, wait, if you mean screen shots, there should be one on there already, it's been taken out by a bug in the archive script.

I'll fix it at some point although as I recall you can't update it like that without re-uploading the game too.

Here are some pics of the game. Sorry if you were talking about something else entirely.

ls1.jpg

ls2.jpg

ls3.jpg

ls4.jpg

Back