bullseye-5-install, not really

Latest hardware.
As for the hardware. I remember a thread where ED showed some modifications for the Mainboard (removing of some resistors). Could it be those need to be done on the prepreorders? Or were those mad eión the prepreorders anyways while assebling?

As for the hardware. I remember a thread where ED showed some modifications for the Mainboard (removing of some resistors). Could it be those need to be done on the prepreorders? Or were those mad eión the prepreorders anyways while assebling?
Not sure about that. Should probably not be the issue.

The bookworm image tents to hang from time to time ... you have to reboot the pyre. It took me 4 reboots for a full "apt update && apt dist-upgrade". Then it no longer crashes.
What I could not do was to resize the image.
I used Wally's makeimg branch with some patches/fixes, that created a working image that I could resize and had the newest SW installed.
-> the patch is in Discord ... I may create a github repo later.

Hi,

all my tries to flash Debian (bookworm, buster pyra42.img) on an SD card ended up the very same boot error. I followed the manual and resized the image as described via fdisk. However does it mean that I have a "bad" microSD card?
Any hints something I missed?

Br
Willhelm

Attachments

• IMG_20240305_223023.jpg
    IMG_20240305_223023.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Strange, I followed the instructions above and had no issues resizing.

Hi,

all my tries to flash Debian (bookworm, buster pyra42.img) on an SD card ended up the very same boot error. I followed the manual and resized the image as described via fdisk. However does it mean that I have a "bad" microSD card?
Any hints something I missed?

Br
Willhelm
Might be. I switched SD card once because I did not trust my old one.

** UPDATE **

Ah i was wrong and mixing UUID and PARUUID they differ and are correct in fstab and blkid.

I should read my "screenshot" hrm obviously the boot partition gets mounted but the rootfs not. The Bootloader stated that maybe a rootdelay might help.
I checked the /proc/cmdline there are a few rootwait already included. All this points to "bad microSD card". :|

-> Are there recommendations which Brands of microSD card work? Kingston?

####################

Please take the following only as wrong leading analysis

[....]

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2024-03-06 16-07-32.png
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2024-03-06 16-07-32.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Back