Built in Laser keyboard for pyra?

Just a question, what's the average typing speed with the pandora's keyboard for you guys? And then compared to your actual typing speed?
actual typing speed. 80WPS  pandora 70% less of actual.  23WPS but still worth the full emulation of games.

Just a question, what's the average typing speed with the pandora's keyboard for you guys? And then compared to your actual typing speed?
I did just a quick test (typed a few sentences). I do about 81 WPM on a normal keyboard, and I do about 46 WPM on the Pandora keyboard. On my dumbphone (which has a physical 1 2 3 keyboard with T9 predictive text which in this case knew the words) I did about 16 WPM. I don't have my 10" tablet here, but I would expect my typing speed on it to be roughly the same as on my Pandora when I can use both hands: it's much larger so the keys are much bigger, but it has no tactile feedback so I need to look. Of course if I use the tablet by holding it in one hand, it's much slower.

So yeah, the Pandora keyboard is quite good -- usually my typing speed is bottlenecked by my thinking speed anyway, which is maybe 30 WPM or so ;)

maybe we can extend the size of the Pyra and space out the keys more slightly. id still prefer the pandora keys since when you press them. you know you pressed something. or make it like a ds and add a sensitive touchscreen on the bottom so you can screen type. (or not. since its already horrible on the DS, and going anywhere on the internet is basically limited to very few keywords.)

Back