Build your own Pandora Package

My understanding of VAT in the UK at least, is that businesses can buy materials from other businesses and not pay VAT, or reclaim it at the end of the tax year if they couldn't get it at trade price.

So in your example, I don't believe the cobbler would have to pay VAT on the leather, nor the shop which bought the shoes off the cobbler. The shop would collect the VAT as part of the final sales transaction and send it off to the tax man at the appropriate interval.

On the topic of the website --- I noticed the X-Styluses are described as being 'anthrazith color' on their product page. I don't recognise that colour in English - perhaps it means a colour like anthracite, although that would not be a usual colour name in English AFAIK. Perhaps 'metallic black'?

Last edited by a moderator:
ED it would be nice if it would be possible to add more than one SD card of the same type to a package (the pandora has two slots after all).

Also being able to add the tv-out cable to the package would be very nice ;-) (yes yes I know, just kidding)

An option to drop the AC adapter alltogether, for those that have a spare psp ac/dc unit or a pandora one from before. A discount in price could also be given.

a VAT is a Value Added Tax...which means EVERY TIME Value is added, it gets taxed.

so the leather gets taxed, then, when the leather is made into shoes, it is taxed again...and then when you buy them from the shoe store, they are taxed yet AGAIN.
Not true - a manufacturer doesn't pay VAT on the leather for the shoes (or at least gets to claim it back as a tax deduction)

A sales tax is once and only once, on the final value of the item.
A bit like VAT then :)

VAT will only be paid by the end customer.

Yes, a company pays VAT when ordering something but can later claim it back, so in effect, only the end customer pays for it.

I currently have a Rebirth black edition and am considering a second 1ghz edition. my oly concern is that my current black case has many repairs from cracking. I read that the silver case is a better plastic but that it is painted and due to scratching off.

Is this true? And can an improved plastic case be gotten without the paint and simply black?

Had my Rebirth for almost a year and love it. Especially as a portable linux box that goes where even my netbook does not! Because Battery Life was #1.

You can take very fine 1000 grit sandpaper to a case and then cover it with plastic lacquer on spray-can. In any event, colour is an aesthetic and wont wear off, i see no reason to repaint a silver one unless you dislike the colour silver.

I was concerned about it wearing or scratching off. I had a Silver DS years ago and, although I really prefer black, would not be put off by silver if the color was durable.

When I read the topic, I though you were referring to the firmware/OS - I thought, "Hell yes, yeehaw!"; a system like that would nearly be akin to a modern distribution system.  Alas, not quite yet.

Well I watched the video on replacing the cable... Argh, I will continue to glue any new cracks until I absolutely have to replace the case. Too fiddly for me right now!

Especially since the LCD seems glued/taped to one side of the lid.

MAYBE when I get a second Pandora I MIGHT brave it.

I Do like the idea of the Box.  Michael could sell alot boxes even without Pandoras ;-)

I think that for each accessory that you can add to the package you should indicate in some way how much the customer is saving by purchasing this item as part of a package
Added :)
I would also suggest using radio buttons instead of a drop-down for unit type, and move that option to the top of the list. This will make it clear that there are options for the base unit at multiple price points.
Changed :)
Another option that just came to mind, being that the price depends on what you select, list it as: "From 234,45 €" (This sort of thing is common in marketing materials here in Australia when advertising a range of products)
Can't change the default price it shows, but added the different price tags.
The xstylus would be better described as a 'twin pack' rather than a '2er pack', methinks
Fixed.
@ED is there any chance of extending your USD currency hack to the Pandora product page? Currently you can only see the USD conversion for a selected bundle after you check it out.
Was no easy task, as the attributes module used Javascript to calculate and inject the price into the original PHP page... but I managed to hack it in :)
(I don't really know PHP and never did anything in Javascript before)

Just one very minor thing, the category 'main consoles & upgrades' sounds a little odd from the perspective of a native user of English. It should just read 'consoles & upgrades'.
Fixed.
ED it would be nice if it would be possible to add more than one SD card of the same type to a package (the pandora has two slots after all).
True, but at some point I can't give much more discounts.
You can always add these items from the normal accessories page.

There could be an option for a second SD card, without the discount. I guess you could add it from elsewhere in the shop to the cart, but to deck out your pandora from just that one site is nice.

Back