Build your own Pandora Package

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded the ordering process on my shop a bit - and created a "Build your own Pandora Package"-Site.

You probably know that we have 32GB and 64GB Deluxe Packages available - but now you can actually build them yourself as well.

Buy a Pandora and get massive discounts on the accessories. I guess you can build some pretty attractive packages from that.

I would be happy if you could take a look at the page and let me know what you think can be improved:

http://www.dragonbox.de/en/main-consoles-and-upgrades/112-pandora-1ghz.html

I'll add a picture of the wooden box once I find the time and I also need to update the video with more recent stuff :)

Would be happy to get feedback from you guys.

Looks nice.  But you don't have a pic of the wooden box yet.

I wish Link would come out with a wooden box, lol

I'm wondering, ED, seeing as you are in EU...maybe you ought to include some kind of VAT Calculator...so that someone has some idea of what their final price would be...doesn't the VAT vary from country to country?

I'm wondering, ED, seeing as you are in EU...maybe you ought to include some kind of VAT Calculator...so that someone has some idea of what their final price would be...doesn't the VAT vary from country to country?
No, if you're in the EU and order from Germany, you pay the German EU. That's why the VAT is the same.

If you live outside the EU, then you will have no VAT to pay - and the shop will shop the prices without VAT :)

Ed, when will you get around to putting those non working boards on your shop?

ED, just a little typo under the info...

you have:

build a Pandora and "safe" money

should be:

build a Pandora and "save" money

Although I haven't seen it, being me I think I can safely say that I really want your wooden box, and I'd especially cherish one you had signed.  ED, may we buy this box separate?  Or if we're a preorderer of someone, can we give you about 12.61€ to have your box included?

Looks good, though a couple of things come to mind:

I think that for each accessory that you can add to the package you should indicate in some way how much the customer is saving by purchasing this item as part of a package

examples:

Carry Case
[+ 5,88 €]
(Normally 11,76 €)

or

Carry Case (11,76 €)

[+ 5,88 €]

or

Carry Case

[+ 5,88 €] (50% off)

[edit] 

I would also suggest using radio buttons instead of a drop-down for unit type, and move that option to the top of the list.  This will make it clear that there are options for the base unit at multiple price points.

[/edit]

I would also suggest some changes to the parent page at https://www.dragonbox.de/en/27-main-consoles-and-upgrades

A person looking at this page has no reason to think there is a cheaper option than the 1Ghz  version.  If they feel that is beyond their price range they may not go any further.

I would suggest adding  "1Ghz, Rebirth or Classic Edition"  and "Build your own Bundle" to the Description,  and either removing the price from that delegate altogether, or somehow also showing the Classic and Rebirth edition price points. 

Another option that just came to mind, being that the price depends on what you select, list it as:  "From 234,45 €"  (This sort of thing is common in marketing materials here in Australia when advertising a range of products)

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
Great option!

Please link the accessory thumbnails to bigger images

I would be happy if you could take a look at the page and let me know what you think can be improved:
"* Boot from internal NAND or any other OS from SD Card"

Combined with the description od a Mini-PC, this implies that ANY OS can be booted from SD card, but of course not ANY OS (Windows, iOS) can be booted.

"* Boot from internal NAND or another OS from SD Card"

This would be more accurate.

EDIT: great suggestions by Neelix

Looks good, though a couple of things come to mind:

I think that for each accessory that you can add to the package you should indicate in some way how much the customer is saving by purchasing this item as part of a package

examples:

Carry Case

[+ 5,88 €]

(Normally 11,76 €)

or

Carry Case (11,76 €)

[+ 5,88 €]

or

Carry Case

[+ 5,88 €] (50% off)
Yes, make it clear that you're getting a big discount!

Another option that just came to mind, being that the price depends on what you select, list it as:  "From 234,45 €"  (This sort of thing is common in marketing materials here in Australia when advertising a range of products)
^^ very important! Although the refurbished CC models are usually not in stock, so maybe it's a bit too deceiving to list only that price. But at least you should make it clear that the price depends on the model, e.g. put "279,00 to 539,00, depending on the model" on the parent page.

I would also suggest some changes to the parent page at https://www.dragonbox.de/en/27-main-consoles-and-upgrades

A person looking at this page has no reason to think there is a cheaper option than the 1Ghz  version.  If they feel that is beyond their price range they may not go any further.
Here is a Case in point, from the Christmas thread in the official news forum:

ED, if you've got a minute, what's up with the latest changes to the Dragonbox?

I noticed there seems to be more stock for the main console, but the rebirth edition is no longer listed as an item.

Are you doing some reorganisation, or is there some news worthy developments going on?
Although the refurbished CC models are usually not in stock, so maybe it's a bit too deceiving to list only that price. But at least you should make it clear that the price depends on the model, e.g. put "279,00 to 539,00, depending on the model" on the parent page.
This is a good point. Perhaps another way to do this would be to display lowest price dynamically? (Classic if it is in stock, Rebirth otherwise.)

- Neelix

The xstylus would be better described as a 'twin pack' rather than a '2er pack', methinks

The xstylus would be better described as a 'twin pack' rather than a '2er pack', methinks
Agreed!
@ED is there any chance of extending your USD currency hack to the Pandora product page? Currently you can only see the USD conversion for a selected bundle after you check it out.

- Neelix

No, if you're in the EU and order from Germany, you pay the German EU. That's why the VAT is the same.

If you live outside the EU, then you will have no VAT to pay - and the shop will shop the prices without VAT :)
OK.  I was not sure how VAT worked, as we don't (thankfully) have it in the United States.

You don't have VAT in the USA, but you do have a sales tax, which is more or less the same thing from the point of view of consumers. But I guess the sales tax only applies if you buy something in a store located in a state that has a sales tax (which would be almost all states).

You don't have VAT in the USA, but you do have a sales tax, which is more or less the same thing from the point of view of consumers. But I guess the sales tax only applies if you buy something in a store located in a state that has a sales tax (which would be almost all states).
There are five states that do not charge sales tax: Delaware, New Hampshire, Montana, Oregon and Alaska.

cb

The shop is looking really good now. :)

Just one very minor thing, the category 'main consoles & upgrades' sounds a little odd from the perspective of a native user of English. It should just read 'consoles & upgrades'.

Not at all the same thing.

a VAT is a Value Added Tax...which means EVERY TIME Value is added, it gets taxed.

so the leather gets taxed, then, when the leather is made into shoes, it is taxed again...and then when you buy them from the shoe store, they are taxed yet AGAIN.

A sales tax is once and only once, on the final value of the item.  and even then, only in states who assess sales tax - and some items are non-taxable, like, in many places, food is not taxed.

There are five states that do not charge sales tax: Delaware, New Hampshire, Montana, Oregon and Alaska.

cb
And again, a sales tax is one tax only, on the final value of the item.  a VAT is...every single time it passes thru some middleman, gaining, value, it is taxed again...so you end up paying tax on tax.

See my leather to shoes example above.

We Yanks only pay the sales tax on the final pair of shoes...if your state assesses tax on clothing, many don't.

I am just glad we don't have a VAT in the U.S. because we pay less tax via sales tax, than you EU guys do via VAT.

Back