Broken Usb Port?

Wastebreed

Still Fresh
Ok so just un-boxed my wiz and plugged it in but it seems as though the usb port on the wiz is really touchy, when i plug it in if it is even breathed on it loses connection with my computer, i have tried both my pc's so it is not my ports plus if I touch the cable where it connects to the wiz it drops connection. is this normal or has anyone heard about this happening (common problem) or am I just super unlucky and am going to have to deal with the wiz repair staff. if i will have to send it in does anyone know how long they usually take?
i bought it off thinkgeek.com

Sounds like a dodgy cable/connector, mate. I suggest you get it replaced while you can - the wiz is discontinued.

If you can still charge the Wiz just fine, you're probably best off getting an SD card reader for your computer. The only privilege you get from plugging the Wiz directly into your computer is NAND access, which you can really live without.

The connector is a bit loose, but has two methal handles to fit securely. You have to press the side buttons of the connector before removing it, to avoid damage the Wiz EXT port. If your cable is broken, you can buy another replacement Wiz cable.

Thanks for the help everyone. I have contacted Thinkgeek and they are sending me a replacement since it came broken.

Thanks for the help everyone. I have contacted Thinkgeek and they are sending me a replacement since it came broken.

Back