brightness

Dozer

Efram the retarded rabbit
Website
lawrencewithaw.tumblr.com
As the gp32 screen looks a little darker than on a monitor, what brightness do people suggest that the video is increased by? iv been using 15% but i dont know if thats enough or even if its too much.

Um what are you talking about? If you are refering to using gpcinima or movie park then you don't have to worry about gamma while encoding a video. The player has a gamma corretion feature built in which you can use to adjust the brightness of the video. If you change the brightness while encoding your video you won't get any better of a result so don't even bother with it just use the option while watching the video na-wut-a-mean!!

Dozer, I would suggest in Virtual Dub that you try the following filters -
"HSV adjust" , and "levels". Both have a preview mode, and both are additive ie you can set up the "HSV adjust" and then preview the "levels" adjustment on the "HSV adjusted" video or vice versa . It really is worth the effort , and you can quickly scan through your video to make sure you have the levels right. In my experience most videos can look wishy-washy on the GP32 particularly with the FLU. So I tend to enhance the colour and contrast a bit. Once you done this then there's no need for any adjustment in GPCinema

I can never get the right brightness. I change the brightness in Virtual Dub, and when I play it in GPcinema, it is still too dark. So i increase the brightness in GPcinema, but now some things are way too bright, while others things are perfect! I tried levels but it takes way too long, and when I did it, I didn't even have to change any thing according to the levels guide, but it was still dark when I played it in GPcinema.

well, kill_me2's guide is wrong.
the levels filter applies to the whole movie.
do it like receed (though i've never heard of a hsv filter? will look into that).
play around with the two right sliders on the top,
hit preview and check your settings for some scenes, easy as that.

ganjaway posted on Sep 5 2003 said:
well, kill_me2's guide is wrong.
the levels filter applies to the whole movie.
do it like receed (though i've never heard of a hsv filter? will look into that).
play around with the two right sliders on the top,
hit preview and check your settings for some scenes, easy as that.
What will the preview do? Just because the brightness is perfect on my pc, that doesn't mean that the brightness will be the same in gpcinema. It will start out dark in gpcinema, and when I increase the brightness, some things will be perfect, and others will be too bright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back