Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

Ok this reads not that easy.. but fortunaly i dont want to use my Pyra as Standalone, so in worse case, i could continue to use the IOS Calender whit the Iphone, lying near the Pyra..

Apologies if someone’s already mentioned this and I missed it but have any of you lucky ducks already possessing a Pyra got Jami, Jitsi, Gajim, JMP.chat, or Fractal ( + Bridges) working on it yet?

EDIT: To add RTL-SDR

Last edited:
Anyone going to give quickemu a try on their Pyra? (If it’ll even run - though I understand if the Pyra’s resources are insufficient, quickemu should tell you and stop the process)

How much Different will be in the Pyra Debian ARM HF and the Debian Version for a normal desktop?
And was there a way to Syncronisice between Debian Devices? Or do i have to stick whit "Using Firefox Acount" and USB Stick to save the stuff i wrote on the Pyra and put it then on the Desktop?

The main difference between debian for PC and the debian shipped with the pyra is the PC debian first boots into an installation section where you have to partition discs and choose your DE. Everything else is the same as in the pyra first run wizard I guess, such as setting your username and time zone.

As you all know, the Pyra Charging LED is on the Keyboard, so if you want to see if this thing charges, you have to open the LID,
If you sit the Pyra on a Table and keep a bit care, you could charge whit open Lid, but some are using this thing like a Smartphone or Tablet so may Charge on a Bed or Couch, so there is the Danger to break the Lid if you roll over during the night..

Is there a way to bring the Charging LED to the LID Logo? Maybe if the Device is on Charge it may be Red Iluminated..

Or will this be in a future firmware Update?

Yes to this please. It also annoys me, specially used to Pandora, with the charging leds always visible.

Maybe they ditnt had the time yet to change this, it only needs a LED Config Demon like on the Pandora,
At the moment nothing else matters as you can see its charges and its on, and this is fine,
To see the Charging on the LID LED where something like LUXUS ^^

How many Performance would it steal if i would let Libre Office Calc be open in the Background whyle i run the SNES or GBC Emulator?
I think i will look what time i write in what time i begun whit the Game, so i can keep track how long i needet for each game..

Or i would write the time in my Papernotebook but when i have a Libre Office Capable "Gameboy" i think it would make sense..

How many Performance would it steal if i would let Libre Office Calc be open in the Background whyle i run the SNES or GBC Emulator?
I think i will look what time i write in what time i begun whit the Game, so i can keep track how long i needet for each game..
I don't think it should steal much CPU. Libreoffice might have some always running thread to do periodic tasks or some knd of crontab alike stuff, but it doesn't look like it shoud be any load.
It should use CPU mostly only when you use it.
It could instead steal some RAM, which might affect performance. I don't know if your Pyra has swap space.
The easiest way of knowing would be trying it with and without LibreOffice Calc open.

Or i would write the time in my Papernotebook but when i have a Libre Office Capable "Gameboy" i think it would make sense..
There may be other spreadsheets with less load than LibreOffice, but I don't know.

Well, i ditnt made a Swapfile as i though 4 GB should be enough for my needs, in worst case i can write the time, close Libre Office and Open the Emulator ^^

I used my Pyra today to test a Cherry MX Keyboard in the Electronic Store,
At the first try I put it in the USB Port while the Pyra still bootet up, but then there was a stripe on the Screen and no Desktop when I logged in..
then I Pushed the Power Button to Reboot and on the LID LED was just the upper Part Green,
After rebooting whiteout the Keyboard, it was normal again,
Then I put the Keyboard in and it worked..

What dit happen?
Dit the Keyboard use to much power which was needed for the reboot?
I want this thing for the Phytian, which runs on Mains ..

If they keyboard expresses mass storage devices, which it might do if it contains card readers and things like that as well as being a basic input device, I've sometimes see the bootloader decide to enumerate usb devices before the internal discs, which can cause the bootloader not to spot the partitions needed to boot the system, and stop. But you say you logged in which suggests to me the system is booted up already. Perhaps the keyboard expresses a video output, but I've never yet met a keyboard like that.

It’s a Cherry MX Board 3.0 S, there is no meantioning of any other features on the box,
Maybe it’s pulls to much current, I mean the Pyra Battery is 5 Volt, 6000 mah, and USB2 is also 5 Volt, so the Pyra might got not enough current for a full boot ..
the Keyboard is also RGB, or at least the keys have light around, which also may need some energy….
It’s meant for the Pythian USB3 Port, so this should work

The Pyra's battery ran at a nominal 3.6V I thought. It uses a boost converter to get the 5V for USB, I'd expect, which will drag in even more current in exchange for the higher voltage. Normally plain keyboards without excessive built in USB hubs are built to USB1.1 spec with uses even lower current than other devices like USB flash sticks, which I don't think came about before USB2.0. But I don't know your specific keyboard and it seems to be behaving a little odd so I dunno.

Ok so it’s more a Desktop Keyboard, or usable whit my powered Hub..

Next:

I read that the issue whit Joycon Drift was that the Joycon Nubs are just normal Nubs, and ditnt work whit HAL Sensors..

Dos the Pyra Nubsies use HAL Sensors?

I just testet the CD Drive whit the Pyra via VLC, it was recognize a Audio CD, but when I tryed to play it neither VLC or Audicious where put out any sound. And the CD Drive was running quite fast..
maybe I should use some data disks to test first? Or was it because DRM Issues?

Back