Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Well I think it should work out,
The member who ports something post often how’s to use in his thread, but it’s good to have another place to put these also in , so the Peaple don’t have to search for the original thread just for Savestate shortcuts

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
What is wrong when the green LED light up on the LID when I put a charging cable in the Pyra whyle it’s shut down?

And what is the Pyra really worth? I mean it’s cost me 760 €, but also multiple 2 months cycles of waiting time, so if I lost this thing it’s shure a bit lost..
I carry it in my pocket and it’s shows a bit of tear but not that much as the Pandora would..

hns

What is wrong when the green LED light up on the LID when I put a charging cable in the Pyra whyle it’s shut down?
Plugging in a charging cable can turn on the Pyra if it was completely powered down (done by Palmas power controller chip). This lights up the green led until the OMAP turns on the display.
I am not sure if this auto-poweron can be disabled by software (some control bits of the Palmas and if e.g. U-Boot would need some code for this).

Reactions: rSl

stevenc99

Plugging in a charging cable can turn on the Pyra if it was completely powered down (done by Palmas power controller chip). This lights up the green led until the OMAP turns on the display.
I am not sure if this auto-poweron can be disabled by software (some control bits of the Palmas and if e.g. U-Boot would need some code for this).

If U-Boot could detect this situation, it could boot an alternate system that goes into a low-power mode (turn off display or peripherals), indicates the level of charge somehow (e.g. with LEDs, or on-screen after a button press) and upon pressing the power button, reboots into the real OS.
Most Android phones do the same, I think. The Nokia N900 did something similar after 'shutting down', because it didn't actually have a way to shut down fully.