Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

Early this year someone had me help them get a laptop with debian buster work with some cheap Bluetooth headset (with mic and headphone in little earbuds imitating airpods). They wanted them for videoconference, not just listening, but I speny a lot of time, read a lot online, compiled new versions of some software, configured in a lot of ways, and never got them to work with any quality. Listening only should be easier, but I was really amazed how unfriendly all that is. Sometimes it works, but when it doesn't it's quite over my head to fix. I've heard it'll be easier in Bullseye. I hope so. (the device worked easily with an Android phone)

I only say that because I won't try to help @matzesu. I failed so hard. If he follows my advice in this he might end up worse than he is. The problem may be more somhing of linux, or debian buster than the Pyra itself.

Is there and easy way to change the jobs of right and left nub? I can remember i dit this whit the Pandora nub confic, to have an easy solution for the Ego Shooters on the Pandora which ditnt had a Button Config back then.. (if you have Mouse on the right nub, you only need to config the triggers and put WASD on DPAD)..
I could try to move the left nub whit my right thump, but it would be nicer the other way around...

Maybe i can show the Config on my DOOM3 Video on the Weekend (today will hopefully be Retroarch)..

Ah ok, thanks for the Answer, so i should maybe wait until then for my Pyra Doom3 Video? , Or just play on the Video whit left NUB, and say it will get change in the future?

I will then at least use the Weekend to Copy my Doom 3 Over to the Pyra..

I came across some Audio Issues whit my Unit 36 (Pyra 28): allthough the Headphone Jack should be one of the newer ones who know how to change between the Apple Standart and the New Standart, i needed to put my OLD Standart Headphone Jack Extension Cable between Pyra and Headphones to have normal Sound, otherwise its sound the same like on the Pandora when you put a Headphone in from the newer standart..

Also i still have somethimes this Sound Issue where the Audio hangs and gets quite loud..

Is the solution of this issue in a near future Debian HF Update or was this something you have to solve on User Side?

High frequency nose at the same peak to peak amplitude carry more energy than lower frequency waves at the same intensity, so it's not surprising that basic white nose sounds louder than other sounds. Or is it disregarding the volume wheel entirely, and producing white noise at the maximum system volume?

Well I was on maybe 40 % Volume,
You hear the Audio issue in my last video at Michael Jackson’s Moonwalker and in the Mgba Video..
it will be quite loud

Yeah, but I'm still not sure. The easiest way to prove it's not related to the volume control is to swing the volume wheel to the left and see if it decreases the volume of the sound.

Reactions: rSl
What is the correct Setting in Alsa Mixer to prevent the Audio Issue? I screwed a bit in the settings yesterday and it worked somewhere, but it would be cool to read it black on white on the Boards which Settings to use, as i had still a bit overreaktion on the speakers.. ..

Do whe have allready HDMI Out Enabled in Software? I know the Hardware works as i had this boot text on the big screen but then it stops booting and i could type in something..
I know there is a bit of an issue whit TILER because the Internal Screen is rotated but the TV isnt..
Is there an Shell Script i could use?

And this Running Text on Booting: Who would be suppose to read this? Its much too fast if you want to read it..

Yeah, the boot text was a bit of a mystery for me as well for a time. You can get something quite similar containing the same information but formatted slightly differently by typing 'sudo dmesg', and you can get all messages out of systemd since boot by doing 'sudo journalctl -b 0', but nothing matches the boot scroll in appearance. I guess it's there in case the boot freezes when bringing a system up, and then you can read what it was last doing, but it seems a little unnecessary to have this on all the time while the system is booting normally. I guess that's why you can replace part of the boot process with a splash screen, I've just never gotten round to doing that.

This is cool, but for me as a noob user this text isnt that neccesarry to read but makes a good nerdy Hacker effect like the Binary Code in the Matrix (its a bit of a shame this text isnt green)..

What about HDMI? Dos it work allready but needs something to text in the Shell`?

I kind of like seeing the boot messages. It's less boring than watching a splash screen.
I prefer having those messages. With full-disk encryption, I feel it's far preferable to have the feedback than not.

I don't like to hide what's happening in the background, and you can get a first quick idea if there are any unexpected or unusual messages. And, well yeah, it's cool to see.

I like to see what is actually doing during boot, so if it hang for some reason I know somehow at what point it happened... also sometimes may appear some "not so important" warnings or errors that while ignored during a boot, could mean something serious is going to happen at some point...

Once I had a Debian installation that reported some errors reading the hard disk during boot, it was always able to continue after some retry, but it never warned me about the issue during desktop use, and those messages whould have been completely hidden it I used a "loading screen"... after a month the hard disk died.

Is there a solution to have one calender on the Pyra whit a Syncronisation to the IOS Calendar? So i could type in my Icloud Password and then everything i have on the Iphone is also on the Pyra as this should be my Home Work PC also..

Is there a solution to have one calender on the Pyra whit a Syncronisation to the IOS Calendar? So i could type in my Icloud Password and then everything i have on the Iphone is also on the Pyra as this should be my Home Work PC also..

Just don't expect that Apple makes it an easy task ;)

Not sure whether it’ll help but maybe also try Libimobiledevice?

Back