Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

Well I think it should work out,
The member who ports something post often how’s to use in his thread, but it’s good to have another place to put these also in , so the Peaple don’t have to search for the original thread just for Savestate shortcuts

What is wrong when the green LED light up on the LID when I put a charging cable in the Pyra whyle it’s shut down?

And what is the Pyra really worth? I mean it’s cost me 760 €, but also multiple 2 months cycles of waiting time, so if I lost this thing it’s shure a bit lost..
I carry it in my pocket and it’s shows a bit of tear but not that much as the Pandora would..

What is wrong when the green LED light up on the LID when I put a charging cable in the Pyra whyle it’s shut down?
Plugging in a charging cable can turn on the Pyra if it was completely powered down (done by Palmas power controller chip). This lights up the green led until the OMAP turns on the display.
I am not sure if this auto-poweron can be disabled by software (some control bits of the Palmas and if e.g. U-Boot would need some code for this).

Reactions: rSl
Plugging in a charging cable can turn on the Pyra if it was completely powered down (done by Palmas power controller chip). This lights up the green led until the OMAP turns on the display.
I am not sure if this auto-poweron can be disabled by software (some control bits of the Palmas and if e.g. U-Boot would need some code for this).

If U-Boot could detect this situation, it could boot an alternate system that goes into a low-power mode (turn off display or peripherals), indicates the level of charge somehow (e.g. with LEDs, or on-screen after a button press) and upon pressing the power button, reboots into the real OS.
Most Android phones do the same, I think. The Nokia N900 did something similar after 'shutting down', because it didn't actually have a way to shut down fully.

On my Mini Let’s Play Project whit Super Mario Land DX, I got the issue that right nub got changed to mouse control, and left nub seems to be now mouse buttons,
How do I change it back?

^^ Just run the Emulator again and close it..

The sheat of paper you have to put behind your batterie to prevent it from lose contact some times, how big should this be?
I have a sheat from a Notebook which i folded once in half so its fit in the batterie compartment, but it was a bit too long, so i folded the shorter side also..
Could it be its too big now? Its fits in the Batterie Compartment and i got the Door closed, but i think it might be too big..

In my experience with packing out the battery compartment in my Pandora, I used the technique of packing it sufficiently that the system wouldn't reset when I shook it, but wasn't any thicker. I gather with the Pyra you don't also need to pack out the sides to stop it moving laterally, so that's an improvement already.

They are now trying to fix some of the Pyra Software Issues, like the Audio Issue etc,
I wonder: How long dos it take until these Fixes will be put in the next Update?

When I push on my Pyra, it’s squeezed (knarrt) , is this a Common issue? It’s like on the Pandora, seems like the case is not stone though but a bit wobbly..

Oh and on the hinge: it’s much better then on the Pandora, but it’s also holds not on every position..

I know I’ve asked this before but now that several people have their Pyra in the wild, I was wondering whether someone would mind testing out PINN on theirs?
The last update added support for dual joysticks and it works on RPis so I still hold on to a hope that it might work on the Pyra...

Whyle my AirPods got quite easy to connect to the Pyra,
I have now some trouble whit the JBL Live Pro + TWL:
I can pair them but it’s only gets recommended as a not named Bluetooth device, so I can’t put audio on them,
Is there an easy way to connect them?

Maybe in Linux, I'm not sure as I don't normally use bluetooth on Linux. But in general if a device isn't advertising itself as an A2DP sink then the only thing you can do is to open it up and change out the bluetooth module for one that works.

Until then I took my cable headphones back in EDC like I dit whit the Pandora,
These new Headphones are quite cool and sounds great, maybe I get them to work sometime..

Reactions: rSl
Back