Brick Gp2x Or Low Voltage

hclatwr

Still Fresh
Website
hclatwr.hc.funpic.org
I got my GP2x from gp32z, the headphone jack on the first one stopped working after 6 months. It's not an MKII and it had the 1.4 firmware installed on it (strange). So I did the firmware upgrade, had some trouble because I forgot to format my SD card into fat32, after a couple of minutes I figured it out, flashed the unit, everything was working fine, I used it for a week without any problems. Yesterday morning, I was planning on listening to some music in the subway, but I had forgotten my batteries ... nevermind I took some at work (duracell 2050 ma), plugged them in and I started the machine no problem here I tried the neogeo emulator but something was missing, I turned the unit off, took out the sd card transfered the missing files and when I turned the unit back on I had those vertical lines you get when your batteries are too low ... No problem here, they were pretty old batteries and I guessed they were already finished, I tried fully charged batteries this morning ... same problem ... vertical coloured lines. Here is a picture
ligneverticalech0.jpg

weird. but you haven't done anything to brick it so I would just try some new freshly charged batteries or a wallplug.

Hmm... I had some units which had the same problems.
Haven't found out what's up with them yet, might be a power issue inside the gp2x (maybe a condensator fell off?) because you can find the units via JTAG but can't reflash them.

I have one unit at home I'm currently investigating, as soon as I do know more, I'm gonna tell you.

Ok ... so here I am, at home chilling out, pluging the AC-DC adapter into my gp2x ... to my suprise ... it booted. Great .... I went into the menu everything seems fine ... powered out the unit inserted my batteries ... turned it on and BAM ... it booted ... problem solved ? ... Was my unit tempered by a voodoo spell, I don't know. I'll keep you all informed anyhow

Good Day !

Hmm, this kinda of thing has happened to me and other ppl. After using the gp2x on mains the system wouldn't boot at all, with successive cycles of power form the mains re-trying the batteries the unit then works. not sure whats going on but i haven't had the problem and its been about 3 months.

After my evening delight everything was off again, batteries wouldn't boot my gp2x, AC-DC would still do the trick.

I had a little extra time at work today, so I opened up my unit, and found a peace of paper and some glue on it, it was under the cap, under one of the the two batterie pins. anyways here is a picture of the piece of paper, it looks a little burned on the edges.
If anyone has any clue WTF it is doing there ... please tell me :p

Good Day !
paperdy7.jpg

Back