Box Picture?

Probably just plain cardboard boxes. They've mentioned it a couple of times.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdhLQCYQ-nQ[/youtube]

here you can look at a box (and a cat)

Cats are nosey buggers aren't they? I've got three and they've all done things like the one in the vid. And more besides.

For cat owners/lovers I always recommend people watch the "Simon's Cat" videos - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=simons+cat&search_type=&aq=0&oq=simon

Whilst they all fairly accurately reflect the true nature of cats, "Cat Man Do" to me is the best of the bunch.

Oh yeah. The cardboard boxes are going to be plain and boring :(

iprice said:
Oh yeah. The cardboard boxes are going to be plain and boring :(

Also plain boring. The contents will compensate for that though :)

Last edited by a moderator:
funny kitties... pinky is still my favorite!
anyways, what does this mean on openpandora: "So while it will surely not be perfect on first release, you can be sure playing, surfing, working, etc. works fine. It just is in need of more tweaking." does that mean there will be kernal updates, or does that mean the first batch will never be perfect? are they starting to settle now?

aesir911 said:
anyways, what does this mean on openpandora: "So while it will surely not be perfect on first release, you can be sure playing, surfing, working, etc. works fine. It just is in need of more tweaking." does that mean there will be kernal updates, or does that mean the first batch will never be perfect? are they starting to settle now?
It means there will be software updates. The first batch should not be different hardware-wise from the rest, unless they find something new to improve.

B-ZaR said:
aesir911 said:
It means there will be software updates. The first batch should not be different hardware-wise from the rest, unless they find something new to improve.

okay, thanks. i was just wondering, because several things seemed hard to fix over downloadble updates (like the wi-fi problem).

I'd be disappointed and would feel slightly cheated if the hardware was changed in the second batch, maybe that's just me though.

Also, I wanna put in my vote for ninja cat.

Nova said:
I'd be disappointed and would feel slightly cheated if the hardware was changed in the second batch, maybe that's just me though.

Also, I wanna put in my vote for ninja cat.

ninja cat is amazing! i thought they were gonna change some things for the 2nd batch?

aesir911 said:
I thought they were gonna change some things for the 2nd batch?
Nope. The only issues so far are software related. There were several board revisions and no problems I heard of left.

Nova said:
I'd be disappointed and would feel slightly cheated if the hardware was changed in the second batch, maybe that's just me though...<snip>
It's not going to happen! It's going to take possibly 6 months for a straight re-run (due to parts shortages) without having to consider changing designs/parts and all that that entails. The ONLY possible differences would be if a part became obsolete and a newer totally compatible part was released in its place e.g. TI no longer produce the 600mhz OMAP and supply a 720mhz in its place.

Nation.A.List said:
TI no longer produce the 600mhz OMAP and supply a 720mhz in its place.
That's what I thought too at first, but apparently the 600MHz version is still available as Laurent pointed out.

Yeah I know the OP team would never leave first batchers out in the cold. :)

mali said:
Nation.A.List said:
TI no longer produce the 600mhz OMAP and supply a 720mhz in its place.
That's what I thought too at first, but apparently the 600MHz version is still available as Laurent pointed out.
Whoa! I was only trying to make an example (hence prefix e.g.) based on what had been speculated NOT stating a fact, I guess I should have written "IF TI ......"

I think this would come close.

48874287.jpg

Of course, that's the box for a Pandora, not the charger et cetera.

Back