Bored

Status
Not open for further replies.
EvilDragon posted on Sep 27 2004 at 10:34 PM said:
And just stop flaming, otherwise I'll have to lock this thread.
is that an invitation? :p

you **** **** *** of **** with **** at ***** from ***********

:D

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with OP about being bored... there are some really good games/emus/apps out there but compared to what it was.. the scene has leveled a bit on the low side..

The next lot of programs I can see coming are:
A full speed snes emu (with sound)
A full speed megadrive emu (with sound)
Linux running on it happily :)))

Once these have been done I for one would be extremely happy..

*goes away to try to learn lots of arm ASM*

Hmm, I didn't see this topic till just now.

Look, the simple fact is that people don't program for you, so if you're bored, that's not the development community's fault. My emulator is probably one of the least used emus for gp32, it's emulating a platform that most people don't care about, and it does it slow without sound. But it's something I enjoy working on. I hope someday that it will be actually usable, but atm it's really just something I do for fun. I suppose if a devr thinks that only a few people will use something, they should just keep it to themselves? Or is it better to release helpful applications, even if only 5% of users might find it useful?

Of course releasing is better, so people write stuff for themselves and allow others to get the goods as well. Then everyone interested wins. If you're not interested, just ignore it.

If you're waiting for more emulators, most emulatable platforms have been covered. I'm sure there will be more advancements, but if you're hoping to just sit there and watch breakthrough after breakthrough day after day, no wonder you're disappointed.

Change your assumptions and you'll be better off.

oh I never assumed that they be finished 100% etc... believe I am pretty happy with what we have at the moment.

maybe bored is the wrong word to use... I think of a better one later :p

rattboi24 posted on Sep 27 2004 at 10:40 PM said:
Hmm, I didn't see this topic till just now.

Look, the simple fact is that people don't program for you, so if you're bored, that's not the development community's fault. My emulator is probably one of the least used emus for gp32, it's emulating a platform that most people don't care about, and it does it slow without sound. But it's something I enjoy working on. I hope someday that it will be actually usable, but atm it's really just something I do for fun. I suppose if a devr thinks that only a few people will use something, they should just keep it to themselves? Or is it better to release helpful applications, even if only 5% of users might find it useful?

Of course releasing is better, so people write stuff for themselves and allow others to get the goods as well. Then everyone interested wins. If you're not interested, just ignore it.

If you're waiting for more emulators, most emulatable platforms have been covered. I'm sure there will be more advancements, but if you're hoping to just sit there and watch breakthrough after breakthrough day after day, no wonder you're disappointed.

Well said.

Just wait till the killer app arrives. It will be here hopefully soon, Neogeo pocket, Snes or mega drive. :D I'm not bored still got a heap of GB/GBC games to play

do you want background music?i can write a coder theme,and we can release a soundtrack to the website..
the guy was just bored,give him a break

watoto posted on Sep 28 2004 at 01:05 AM said:

do you want background music?i can write a coder theme,and we can release a soundtrack to the website..
the guy was just bored,give him a break

Sure why don't you write that music and see how it feels when someone flames it......

extremegamer posted on Sep 27 2004 at 09:14 PM said:
i tend to agree...the community is slowing down, but look at things last year.  it was slow for a long time without any kind of release, even a text reader, but it picked up. 

But the GP32 has been around for a long time.  There are newer and better things out there and they will be here soon.  Have it be the Zodiac, DS, PSP, Gizmondo, All these will hurt the GP32. 

These things may hurt it a bit but not replace it completely.

Zodiac: Better? some say yes, some say no. Better in some ways yes, other ways no. Either way it is not enough of a jump to kill the GP32 in my opinion.

DS: Better for commercial, but the GBA is already better for commercial stuff. The DS still has smaller screen(s) with lower res each making many emus not able to run full resolution. Still lower Clock at 67 Mhz.

PSP: again great for commercial. propretary media and DRM/encryption will make emus/homebrew nearly impossible.

Gizmondo: small GBA sized screen. Already has been made known that it has some sort of brutal Microsoft DRM/encryption, so again no homebrew.

So while these will effect the GP32 I can still see it having a niche for homebrew/emus for awhile yet. Remember, just because a new system comes out doesn't mean that your GP32 will evaporate out of your hands, you can still use it for many things.

He is trashing apps

"Its depressing to logon expecting someting cool only to find a dumb ass bible reader or something.

Also while I'm on a moanathon stop making dumb apps.

I use my palm for that shite."

Be bored if you want but don't discourage developers for making non-game applications just because you don't like it. The more programs the better.

www.gp32z.com

Jr2swiss posted on Sep 28 2004 at 04:08 PM said:
He is trashing apps

"Its depressing to logon expecting someting cool only to find a dumb ass bible reader or something.

Also while I'm on a moanathon stop making dumb apps.

I use my palm for that shite."

Be bored if you want but don't discourage developers for making non-game applications just because you don't like it. The more programs the better.

www.gp32z.com

exactley.

look, why dont u just piss of and go annoy sum1 else.

Hia,

Ohh my, what a lot of testosterone in one thread...

I'm probably going to repeat what others have said here, but I would like to get my oar in.

Coming from a girl, and a newbie, I think the GP32 is very exciting. But I do agree that the novelty may rub off. The original first post in this thread had a point, but it also had the tact of a Dalek. He could have worded it better.

All apps on the GP32 have their place, it all depends what you actually require from the machine. And I do think that LOOK had a lack of interest and a lot of lazyness, remembering what He said about not wanting to use linux on the loo, makes me wonder what he DOES do on the toilet LOL.

I use my GP at present as an entertainemt device when I'm bored. I don't really use it when I have something else to do. It fills in my day at times when I'm stuck waiting for taxis, busses and during journies etc... I guess however, if I get bored of Doom, Kimchiman, Kid Icarus, Pinball Dreams, DivX AVIs, MP3s and all the rest, I guess I will try one of the other thousands of applications I haven't even brushed on yet.

To round it up:
-I think you guys are doing an amazing job.
-LOOK needs to look up the word tactful in the dictionary.
-Some of you need to calm down and look at the spirit of a post and not the exact wording.
-And you all need to give each other a round of applause!!!

Tatty Bye For Now :),
Clare.

If I offended one person in this topic that has coded anything for the GP32 then I'm sorry.

Otherwise everyone who's telling me how to post, what not to post and where to go.....

You take all this too seriously to have any kind of real life

Bite my ass.

look posted on Sep 28 2004 at 09:12 AM said:
Otherwise everyone who's telling me how to post, what not to post and where to go.....

You take all this too seriously to have any kind of real life

Bite my ass.

look posted on Jul 13 2004 at 04:10 PM said:
If your not allowed to give an honest opinion. Whats the point of having an opinion in the first place.

Something posted on a discussion forum is surely there to be discussed honestly.

I certainly wont walk on eggshells in fear of offending someone with my thoughts.

If something upsets you then tell the person who said it to p**s off and get over it.

So, which one is it then? People are wrong to tell you their opinion of your post, but if so, whats the point in them having an opinion in the first place? All they are doing is following your advice.

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 28 2004 at 06:44 AM said:
Hia,

Ohh my, what a lot of testosterone in one thread...

I'm probably going to repeat what others have said here, but I would like to get my oar in.

Coming from a girl, and a newbie, I think the GP32 is very exciting. But I do agree that the novelty may rub off. The original first post in this thread had a point, but it also had the tact of a Dalek. He could have worded it better.

All apps on the GP32 have their place, it all depends what you actually require from the machine.  And I do think that LOOK had a lack of interest and a lot of lazyness, remembering what He said about not wanting to use linux on the loo, makes me wonder what he DOES do on the toilet LOL.

I use my GP at present as an entertainemt device when I'm bored. I don't really use it when I have something else to do. It fills in my day at times when I'm stuck waiting for taxis, busses and during journies etc... I guess however, if I get bored of Doom, Kimchiman, Kid Icarus, Pinball Dreams, DivX AVIs, MP3s and all the rest, I guess I will try one of the other thousands of applications I haven't even brushed on yet.

To round it up:
-I think you guys are doing an amazing job.
-LOOK needs to look up the word tactful in the dictionary.
-Some of you need to calm down and look at the spirit of a post and not the exact wording.
-And you all need to give each other a round of applause!!!

Tatty Bye For Now  :),
Clare.

Barring Rattboi's post, the most sensible in this thread, methinks. Agreed wholeheartedly. Especially about the tact.

Why is it that whenever the scene slows down we start picking fights with one another? Oh well, I suppose it preceeds the inevitable "big group hug" thread that'll turn up in a couple of weeks. And then the chances are something big will happen and we'll be back to stage one where everyone's enthusiasitc and such. Until nothing big happens for a while, when we'll all start throwing stones and calling eachother stupid names. You know the drill. And if you don't, then you just clicked to the end of the thread for an update without reading the rest.

EDIT: Damn typos....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back