Booting Issues With The 2x?

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Anyone else have these two issues?

o Frequently when I boot it (pretty much every time when its been off for a few hours) it just hangs at the green.. never gets to the orange menu

o Often when it gets to orange, going to games -> SD will show nothing; pop out and reinsert the SD and the unit hangs

I'd say these happen about one in four or five tries. Always when I'm showing the unit off :)

(Firmware 1.0 and 1.2.1)

jeff

Actually, I had those issues before the last FW upgrade, now the card works damn-near perfectly ... it hung during boot maybe once or twice since then; previously it was every other time or so ...

People always ask me "hows it hanging?" and i always say "usually 7 out of every 10 times i boot it up"

Its i have firmware 1.2.0 with updated screen loading thing. I wait, and wait then i say "damn you lazy gph!" and so i turn off again, then on, then it works! But with squidgesnes where i have to turn off to change rom, it sometimes hangs, then works, then hangs, then works, then works, then works, then hangs, hangs, hangs hangs hangs hangs hangs works. Like that for me.

Somedays better than others, but i found that if i put it in its pouch facing down, it works more often than when i put it in facing up. Also if i wipe the screen anti-clockwise it hangs on boot, and then if i wipe clockwise it works everytime!
Also, when i sing to it, it doesnt come on at all! I wonder why?... When i place my psp next to it, it boots first time in under 2 seconds and laughs in korean and it challanges the psp to have a "who can stare the longest without our batteries going dead?".

Seriously though, thats all the problems i get for boot ups, no sd problems etc. Although sometimes when i use the lcd tweak it crashes my gp2x! Even though i use the same settings all the time, clocked at 266mhz, upll set at 2. Most of the time its fine, others it freezes. and then its the "will it wont it" boot game!

That would be a cool thing to have! Forget the magic 8 ball! Just ask your 2x a question, if it boots fine then its a yes, if it doesnt boot then sadly it is a NO. YOU CANNOT REIGN OVER THE DESCISIVE POWER OF THE GP2X!!!! :p

Try making sure you EXIT out of the current app - back to the menu - before you turn it off ... that SEEMS to help.

Shane R. Monroe posted on Feb 6 2006 at 09:14 PM said:
Try making sure you EXIT out of the current app - back to the menu - before you turn it off ... that SEEMS to help.

If it does it doesn't make any sense ;)

I've not had time to keep up with your recent RGR episodes, but love the show; not enough Atari ST wanking if I do say so myself ;)

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the 1.1.0. Doesn't seem to hang that muc for me. Maybe 1 out 10 times. When it does hang on the green screen, I pop out the SD card so it gets to the menu, switch it off, re insert the SD card and power it up again.

I do however get varied boot times though..

Shane R. Monroe posted on Feb 6 2006 at 08:14 PM said:
yeah, only time mine hanged was trying to OC and the CPU/LCD Tweaker crashed

I found that if i moved my powerswitch all the way down, it would hang at bootup, and id get the SD card glitch when it was booted. Try pulling the powerswtich only 3/4 of the way down.

whiskthecat posted on Feb 6 2006 at 08:19 PM said:
Get 1.4 beta over irc it fixes these problems.
Can you send 1.4 to me in a PM, as I cant currently go on IRC.

PSyMastR posted on Feb 6 2006 at 08:53 PM said:

(you should have just sent him a PM ;))

TelcoLou posted on Feb 7 2006 at 03:21 AM said:

Yeah, since that is meant to be private. Do you want the GPL police all over here?!!!!111!1!1!?1!#!~!?!

Hanz™ posted on Feb 7 2006 at 03:31 AM said:

Yeah, since that is meant to be private. Do you want the GPL police all over here?!!!!111!1!1!?1!#!~!?!
Haha, gotta love GPH. Cant release firmwares without source? Pretend leak them instead! Genius!

Mr Doctor posted on Feb 6 2006 at 09:41 PM said:
Hanz™ posted on Feb 7 2006 at 03:31 AM said:

Haha, gotta love GPH. Cant release firmwares without source? Pretend leak them instead! Genius!
they need beta testers don't they?

Holy crap, 1.4.0 is amazing.
A pletheoria of features. Well, back to skinning over 20+ more images :D
Ill be all hush hush on this one.

Back