Boomshine2x 1.04beta

sam fisher

Website
blog.peter-r.co.uk
screenshot-12.png

I have updated Boomshine2x to preliminarily support the F200 touch screen in game. The menus must still be navigated with the Dpad for now.

Download

If you wish to donate to me (you don't have to but you may want to) my paypal email address is rr007c6396NONSPAM@gmail.com

Without the NONSPAM obviously.

This is so cool, I love this game. Great music. Addicting. Touchscreen. Good stuff.

Thank you for this release!... it's in my top five games for gp2x; and now, with touch screen :D

Coders!, make more simple games as this one, please ;)

(Sorry for my bad english ;))

Hi,

Great release, thanks ! It was one of my preferred game on F-100, and it's now even better with touchscreen support ! As it's very responsive and accurate, it makes the game a lot easier to play.

I have some suggestions for future releases though :

* What about bombs traveling with the colored dots that could make the combos explode ?

* What about a "reverse" mode, with first levels filled with a lot of colored dots and few points to score (easy) and latter levels filled with fewer colored dots and a lot of points (proportionally) to score (hard) ? It would need more accuracy and would be more challenging I think.

Opinions ?

Bye and thanks !

Magic Sam

Played and enjoyed - thankyou Sam - I have to say tho I didnt use the touchscreen support at all really - but only because my stylus is at home at the moment and I am not ;)

Magic Sam said:
* What about bombs traveling with the colored dots that could make the combos explode ?
I had thought about special "bomb dots" that have a larger explosion than the normal ones.

Magic Sam said:
* What about a "reverse" mode, with first levels filled with a lot of colored dots and few points to score (easy) and latter levels filled with fewer colored dots and a lot of points (proportionally) to score (hard) ? It would need more accuracy and would be more challenging I think.
I like the game because its simple at the moment, it was also my first proper game and as such isn't structured to well, programming wise. It's why I keep making "optimisations" basically removing stuff that is now crap. I do however like that idea, but don't have a great deal of time to dedicate to development at the moment. I must rewrite how menu's work first for touch screen support. Then I plan to add the ability to sign your name when you receive a high score playing on a F200, so doing away with the text for F200 users and letting you sign your name, of course I would allow the scoreboard to display both text and graphic names at the same time (i.e. if you play on both a F200 and F100.

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher said:
Then I plan to add the ability to sign your name when you receive a high score playing on a F200, so doing away with the text for F200 users and letting you sign your name,
That's a very cool idea, me likes :)

If we'll have online scoreboards for homebrew games on the Craiginator, this would be an awesome way of displaying them.

sam fisher said:
I like the game because its simple at the moment, it was also my first proper game and as such isn't structured to well, programming wise. It's why I keep making "optimisations" basically removing stuff that is now crap. I do however like that idea, but don't have a great deal of time to dedicate to development at the moment. I must rewrite how menu's work first for touch screen support. Then I plan to add the ability to sign your name when you receive a high score playing on a F200, so doing away with the text for F200 users and letting you sign your name, of course I would allow the scoreboard to display both text and graphic names at the same time (i.e. if you play on both a F200 and F100.
Your ideas sound great, Sam. Can't wait to see them in action. The more I play Boomshine the more I love it. It's my favorite chill-out game (meaning, I can just sit, relax, and blow stuff up! :lol: ).

Seriously though, the whole game kinda has this whole "birth of a universe" feel... Watching the little colored dots explode and collide with each other reminds me of the Big Bang, or a complex chemical reaction happening. Yet soothing at the same time. :D

Very nice game. Missed this before. Good music and perfect touchscreen controls. I can't wait for a new version.

Regards,
Stephan

Thank you :)

I added a paypal donation email to the first post. I don't expect to get any donations, but I'll be ecstatic if I do :) I need to pay more my hosting which is £60 and i am a poor poor student.

Back