Bob Board And Commercial Cradle

Targus

Website
www.romnation.net
Hey guys I have been out of the gp2x scene for awail I lost my SD card...and haven't really bothered to get a new one until now I guess this new cradle thing came out for the gp2x is looks pretty sweet and all but i cant find out what are some of the things u can use it for like the picture for the commercial cradle should a usb controller hooked up to it does this mean i can play multi player on the emulators? it also showed a mouse and keyboard just wondering what i can use it for?

I guess you can use 2 player on Picodrive (Genesis/Sega CD)
You can use keyboard in at least the GP2x menu, Quake and X11.
Mouse is useful for ScummVM.

There is a few apps that support them.

Miika said:
I guess you can use 2 player on Picodrive (Genesis/Sega CD)
You can use keyboard in at least the GP2x menu, Quake and X11.
Mouse is useful for ScummVM.

There is a few apps that support them.
alright man thanks ^^ thats cool you can use it on Genesis wonder if it works with snes

Last edited by a moderator:
MAME has USB Joypad support, as does gNeoGeo, CPS2 and Alex Kidd (SMS/GG emu)

TelcoLou said:
MAME has USB Joypad support, as does gNeoGeo, CPS2 and Alex Kidd (SMS/GG emu)
TELCOLOU... DOES THIS MEAN... THAT I CAN PLAY DUNGEONS & DRAGONS... WITH A USB JOYSTICK IN 2ND PLAYER?

And... I'd imagine I'd need the Cradle or some kind of BoB to do that, right?

Miika said:
Not necessarily. You can get a USB host cable + hub here:
http://www.artaylor.co.uk/gp2x/

Miika, thank you for your reply.

I'm in America (Florida), so I looked at GP2XStore.com and didn't see a USB connector like at Artaylor.

I'm trying to find my USB cable for my GP2X - my wife knows it's in one of the organized computer cable drawers -- cables all look the same when you put them together. My rule in life: If it's so important to know where it is, I should clean it. I guess I left it on a shelf. My fault.

David Beoulve said:
Miika said:
Not necessarily. You can get a USB host cable + hub here:
http://www.artaylor.co.uk/gp2x/

Miika, thank you for your reply.

I'm in America (Florida), so I looked at GP2XStore.com and didn't see a USB connector like at Artaylor.

I'm trying to find my USB cable for my GP2X - my wife knows it's in one of the organized computer cable drawers -- cables all look the same when you put them together. My rule in life: If it's so important to know where it is, I should clean it. I guess I left it on a shelf. My fault.

A.R Taylor makes the cables himself. The shipping is only £2.50, shouldn't take too long to America even though it is Air Mail.
Note that if you get that USB host cable you can't connect your GP2X to a TV simultaneously (If you don't buy the custom cable, look on that page). That's why I am going to get the cradle soon.

Back