Board Conduct Appreciation

Exophase

Nothing good will ever come of Exophase.
This thread might sound kind of strange..

I just read the thread by redfish (that got locked) about VGA hacking on Pandora. I was surprised/pleased at how nicely people responded to this. Several regulars patiently explained things to him in spite of his insults.. there were a few jabs back but mild and entirely appropriate IMO. I've been on some other forums lately that are pretty much nothing but everyone heavily flaming and insulting everyone else, and some that aren't quite that bad but still have regulars that pretty easily go for personal insults. I know not everyone is happy with the people here, but I think (and have always thought!) that the overall conduct level here is impressive and I'm glad to be a regular on these boards.

Sorry, just wanted to post this for some reason >_>

I agree.

This forum is not only formed by (majorly) polite members, but it's also one of the more matures I've been to (some exceptions of course...). And it can be seen especially in the Pandora forum, people is bound to be angry and desperate since they have been waiting so long for their device, and has been answering the same questions dozens of times, yet the ambience is not nearly as tense as one would think. (just look at the Pandora Alternative thread in the LOL! Files...)

So, I'm glad to be part of this forum too, and let us continue showing what a true community is about. :)
And no need to be ashamed about it, because it's true!

After a fairly bitter spring, the summer has cooled off.

I think some strong modding a few weeks ago has helped to show people how they should behave.
Or they got banned and haven't come back (yet)

(naw)mcx said:
Did notice that.

You're in my new game, btw.

Sweet,

screenshot?

2a92nhg.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably the maturity is due to the fact that these handhelds here mainly emulate classics and retro which mean more if you are older and remember playing these games as a kid.

Most 12 year old kids that tend to be obnoxious probably aren't that into SNES, Turbo Grafx, Atari etc.

Just a guess.

DaveC said:
Probably the maturity is due to the fact that these handhelds here mainly emulate classics and retro which mean more if you are older and remember playing these games as a kid.

Most 12 year old kids that tend to be obnoxious probably aren't that into SNES, Turbo Grafx, Atari etc.

Just a guess.

That's true for the most part, although it does mean you still get the bad ones that just think "omg free gamezzz!!111".

Was redfish actually a troll or was he just a grumpy know-it-all who really really really wants VGA on the Pandora for some reason?

arrrgh said:
Was redfish actually a troll or was he just a grumpy know-it-all who really really really wants VGA on the Pandora for some reason?
I'm pretty sure he was a know-nothing-know-it-all. He'd probably done enough work with some other devices (where the RGB lines really are fully exposed) to think he knew what he was talking about, when in fact he was probably used to working with the exception, rather than the rule. His theory was sound, except totally wrong for pretty much every real world example I could think of.

pandora said:
This all won't last long, considering my newfound supertroll abilities.
on gp32x, troll just means "someone whos beliefs don't align perfectly with mine"
also you suck at it

Guys, please, I just talked about how mature and polite this forum is, in fact that's what the thread is about. ;)

Still, it's true naw, you shouldn't take all the credit from that Gamemaker based project.

PoisonedV said:
pandora said:
This all won't last long, considering my newfound supertroll abilities.
on gp32x, troll just means "someone whos beliefs don't align perfectly with mine"
also you suck at it
No it actually means the same thing everywhere, someone saying something stupid like your message there trying to get someone to reply like this message here and hopefully ignite a flame war. Since this is your only reply and his has three you must suck even worse at it.

Back