Blu Vs Flu

xkitanox

Still Fresh
what are your opinions? i might just have to hold off on my purchase now.

let me know what you guys are thinking about it.

as well as the key difference in the display, i am aware in the difference in operation between a flu and blu, but whats the practicality of it all?

The only main difference besides the battery drain is that with the Flu the screen is indeed lit; However, the colors are also washed out considerably. With the Blu there will be no washout of colors, they will all be as bright as they are intended to be. If you are getting one soon, I'd wait for the Blu, as it will have a better lit display than any Flu, as far as color saturation.

I don't see that it does wash the colours out much if at all i see no problem with a FLU and i'd much rather not have to change my batteries more often, and the flu does its job and is as bright as it ever needs to be.

I also have a Flu, and I do like it very much, but it definately washes out the colors as far as I'm concerned. Play any game with the light on, then turn it off and you'll see the difference in saturation. The same goes for the GBA SP. It's still a good unit, just a Blu is even better IMO.

Backlit displays will always look better, but its true the BLU will have lower battery life - as soon as I get my sample one i'll be running all the experiments needed to get answers on battery life, overclocking, button membranes etc. we will soon see the diffrences.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

If I were you, I think I would go for blu. As stated before, I too like my flu very much, but it really does washout the colors a great deal (moreso than my sp). Also, with rechargables, the battery issue becomes a much smaller problem (and god forbid they do run out on the road all you gotta do is pick a pack). There is the direct sunlight issue though...don't know much about that though

The battery life is never aproblem with rechargables. Just spend a little money to get a good charger + battteries. I spend $35 for a 15 minute charger and batteries. They run for bout 4 hours with light and 166mhz. Recharging is not a problem because it recharges in only 15 minutes.

ste_167 posted on Apr 23 2004 at 08:45 PM said:
Is your Hulk tossing himself off?
Uhh...I hope that's not how you toss yourself off :blink:

And four hours battery time seems a little low to me...I like to able to stick a fresh pair of batteries in my NGPC and not have to worry about them running low for a good month yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Is your Hulk tossing himself off?"
Wow... nice one
Hey- aren't u the kid who started that fake topic about fgen32 not coming out for a year? Good job on that one too.

Huxley posted on Apr 23 2004 at 09:03 PM said:
And four hours battery time seems a little low to me...I like to able to stick a fresh pair of batteries in my NGPC and not have to worry about them running low for a good month yet.
He's talking about running at 166mhz. In which case you would be lucky to get 2 hours out of a fresh set of alkalines.

The 15 minute rechargeables are really nice batteries. I use them all the time, in my GP32 and for my R/C truck's radio/servos.

Daz_Genetic posted on Apr 23 2004 at 10:30 PM said:
He's talking about running at 166mhz. In which case you would be lucky to get 2 hours out of a fresh set of alkalines.
Jeez...blows hard!

I don't know about you guys, but I think a decent battery life is more important than great graphics or a clear screen. You know, I actually like to use handhelds when I'm out and about...not sitting at home with ten sets of batteries waiting in line or an adapter plugged in to the mains.

The 15 minute rechargeables are really nice batteries. I use them all the time, in my GP32 and for my R/C truck's radio/servos

Quite true! Compared to those that take an unreasonable 14~20 hours to recharge, the 15 minute chargers are the best. Radioshack's chargers are the best. :lol:

Back