Flu Or Blu?

BLU (says a guy with a FLU)

and I like my FLU. but I'd trade up if it wasnt a pain in the ass (or if i cared more)

FLUs supposedly overclock better than BLUs. FLUs are also much less expensive (lik-sang sells it with a bunch of accessories for only $130).

However, BLUs has a much more evenly lit screen than the FLU. Colors are not washed out like they are on a FLU. There is no danger of getting dust on your screen (this is a BIG problem with FLUs). And the screen is absolutely gorgeous! :D

My only complaint about the BLU is that the screen seems much less reflective than the FLU. Presumably this has something to do with letting more light through from the backlight. However... it also means (IMHO) that the BLU is next to useless without the backlight... it's practically unreadable except under the very brightest lighting conditions. (ie direct sunlight)

The FLU, on the other hand, has an amazingly reflective screen that looks great under any halfway decent light source.

So with the light, the BLU wins for image quality hands down. But... if the light ever breaks, the FLU will still be usable but the BLU will not be.

Edit: On some further reading, it appears this is caused by the BLU using a screen with a yellow tint, many people have replaced it with a glass screen and reported inproved colours/brightness. Something I might have to look into...

BLU for sure. I had a FLU in the past, and its washed out colors and dust collecting issues are annoying. The BLU's backlit screen is superb, one of the best screens ever on a portable system.

Just be careful, because some recent shipments of BLU's seem to have been defective, as you may have heard from all the LikSang posts lately.

I also recommend getting a glass screen mod on your BLU, it's very inexpensive and really lets the screen quality show through.

Back