Flu Or Blu?

Micek

Still Fresh
I'm thinking of buying a GP 32 but I don't know witch version to buy? :unsure:

What is the difference between the BLU and the FLU version?
Is it just the backlight and frontlight or is it any differance in the performance and the programming?

I would go for the new BLU version. I own a flu unit. The colors on the screen are somewhat washed out and the contrast is rather poor. It still is a great machine but if you have the option I would go for the BLU, it has technically the best screen.

The new blu had some issues (search this board) but the most interesting software that will keep you playing for days, weeks, years ... runs perfectly on the new machines (ALSO READ FURTHER ON THIS BOARD)

We hope to welcome you in this club...

TomVS posted on Mar 21 2005 at 03:15 PM said:
I would go for the new BLU version. I own a flu unit. The colors on the screen are somewhat washed out and the contrast is rather poor. It still is a great machine but if you have the option I would go for the BLU, it has technically the best screen.

The new blu had some issues (search this board) but the most interesting software that will keep you playing for days, weeks, years ... runs perfectly on the new machines (ALSO READ FURTHER ON THIS BOARD)

We hope to welcome you in this club...

yup, dont worry about the BLU+ issue too much...

all the best stuff is compatible and it has a far superior screen...

just read the FAQ on this board carefully and that will fill you in!

MOST IMPORTANT (IMO :D ) is clockspeed... get a unit that does 166mhz its worth while for emulators... so I hear, some of the new BLU+ cant get past 133mhz :(

sPaCe :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's also worth pointing out that FLUs are not made any more so unless you are buying second-hand/off ebay you will end up with a BLU anyway.

J(ohn)

yes get a BLU, or even a BLU+ as nearly all the stuff is now working on it... also as spaceboi said get a BLU that goes 166mz, all the faster all the better :D .

i'v got a FLU and the colours are weak and dust gets traped between the screen and the plastic cover.

spaceboygp32x posted on Mar 21 2005 at 03:40 PM said:
yup, dont worry about the BLU+ issue too much...

all the best stuff is compatible and it has a far superior screen...

just read the FAQ on this board carefully and that will fill you in!

MOST IMPORTANT (IMO :D ) is clockspeed... get a unit that does 166mhz its worth while for emulators... so I hear, some of the new BLU+ cant get past 133mhz :(

sPaCe :D

I must have been lucky then. As the BLU+ i bought cheap secondhand and repaired makes it to 166mhz with ease :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back